fifteen: in which a character tries to trick everyone into believing the pirate superstition that wearing earrings improved one’s eyesight.

sixteen: in which a character protests that the stereotype of only men pirates is untrue, and argues that women can be, and were, pirates, too.

seventeen: in which a character rebels against his/her captain (it can be a metaphorical captain). how does the “captain” react?

eighteen: in which one character is forced into watching a pirate movie by another friend, who keeps on pointing out the errors in the movie.

nineteen: in which a character attempts to change something for the better but is rejected. how does your character react?

twenty: in which a character engages in a fight (physical or verbal) with another character. what is the outcome?

twenty-one: in which a character feels cheated and lied to. what does he/she do?

twenty-two: in which a character wears an eye patch to school.

twenty-three: in which a character has to sneak something somewhere and has to go to measures to hide it.

twenty-four: in which a character is suspected of theft. did he/she really do it, or is the blame on someone else?

twenty-five: in which a character teaches another how to swim.

twenty-six: in which a character meets someone with a peg leg.

twenty-seven: in which a character writes a message in a bottle and buries in the ground as a tribute to someone close to them that has passed away.

twenty-eight: in which a character falls in love with a particularly gorgeous, expensive pair of boots and purchases it as a reward after a hard day.

twenty-nine: in which a character finds a buried treasure in some form.

thirty: in which a character realizes that being a pirate, having an obsession with pirates, or desperately wanting to be a pirate may be hard, but it’s really just you being you that counts in the end.

ADDITIONAL/INTERCHANGEABLE PROMPTS

 •  in which a character discovers that pirates didn’t really walk the plank, and is very disappointed.

•  in which a character sings a pirate song in front of a love interest.

•  in which a character has something odd on their face and it is up to another person to bashfully inform him/her of it.

•  in which a character sends someone off to sea/goes off to sea.

•  in which a character has to employ the phrase “three sheets to the wind,” which means to be very drunk.

• in which a character’s swagger is strongly affected.

RULES

  if you participate, please dedicate the first chapter of your book to me so i can read your entry! i am hella excited to read everyone's so please do this. 

 also, tag your story with 'piratechallenge' so i can find it 

  mention that your story is an entry in a writing challenge

 if you feel that you aren't able to write a prompt, feel free to change it with one of the interchangeable prompts. you can also extend your story with them.

  your entry can be one connected story or it can be a series of unrelated one-shots

  please do not claim any of these prompts as your own, or change them, or put them together, or alter them in any way. you can choose to reorder them and interpret them in any way you like, though. you can also replace prompts with the interchangeable prompts, as stated above. i do want you to include prompts one, eight, ten, and thirty as they are important.

  remember, not all the prompts have to happen to the main character

 there is no deadline, and you do not have to write a chapter every day (though you may, to experience writing a chapter a day), so feel no need to rush. this is also not a competition.

 HAVE FUN WRITING ABOUT PIRATES LIKE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PIRATE STUCK UP AND HORRIBLE BUT YOU CAN STILL HAVE FUN WRITING ABOUT CLIMBING THE MAST OR WHATEVER YOU CAN MAKE A PIRATE GO TO PIRATE SCHOOL IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE AN ACTUAL PIRATE IT CAN BE A REGULAR GAL OR GUY THAT JUST LIKES PIRATES A LOT I DON'T CARE HAVE FUN WITH IT BE A PIRATE BE THE PIRATE!!!

leave any questions you have below!! do not hesitate to ask but please read the rules before asking. :-)

also, to copy and paste the prompts, click on the external link.