▪︎part fourty seven▪︎

Start from the beginning

But despite all this she still lost him.

"I have to tell him. I have to explain what happened. I don't care if he still hates me, he needs to know. I can't let him leave thinking I don't love him anymore." Y/n demanded, turning to leave the room after Five. "Wait, Y/n I don't think now is the time to do that!" Allison called. "But he has to know. Please Ali, I can't let him think I don't love him. I can't." Y/n cried, heartbroken tears streaking her already wet cheeks. "Telling him now will only make things worse. Wait for him to cool down a bit and he'll come to you. Just give him time ok?" Allison pleaded not wanting Y/n to make things worse. They both knew how hot tempered Five could be and sometimes he just needed to think things through before moving on. Y/n's body shook in cries and her heart crushed at the idea of Five thinking she didn't love him. Him leaving to go stop the apocalypse thinking the one person he truly loved in this doomed world didn't return his feelings. It crushed her as she thought of how much pain he must've been in. She hated herself for hurting him.

"Please just, can you tell him? Please-just-I can't stand him thinking even for one second that I don't love him." She begged through whimpers as she tried forcing her tears to stop. Allison nodded walking to Y/n and bringing her into her arms. "Shh, it's ok. I'll tell him, I promise." She assured, running a gentle hand over her hair. Y/n weeped into Allison's hold, wanting the pain to stop. Wanting Five to be the one holding her right now. It was selfish of her but she wished he was there. Wished both of them were ok. Allison pulled away, brushing Y/n's face clear of tears. "I have to go." She said and Y/n nodded grateful that she had listened at all. "Thank you for this. I don't know why you're being so understanding towards me though, I hate myself for what I did." Y/n confessed making Allison frown. "I understand what it's like to lose someone because of a mistake. I know what's it's like hating yourself because of it. You shouldn't have to lose someone the way I did." She told her. "You'll get her back." Y/n said reassuringly, knowing she was referring to her daughter. "Thank you." Allison said looking down sorrowfully, the guilt of her mistake resurfacing. "I love you sis." Allison said looking up at Y/n. "I love you too, Ali." Y/n smiled sadly before Allison left to catch up with the boys.

Y/n turned back towards Gray before deciding to leave, his face becoming a reminder of her actions. She walked out into the foyer, the broken chandelier still on the floor as though the attack had happened yesterday. Though for all she knew, it might've. With all the shit that had been going on lately she had a hard time keeping track. She sighed pacing over to the broken glass, reminders of that night coming back to her. Yet another one of her mistakes. Being unable to protect her family.

Suddenly the sound of heels tapping on the floorboards sparked a startling wave of remembrance through her and she snapped towards the sound, desperately trying to find the source. A soft and comforting humming filled the space and Y/n's heart raced as she searched the room. Heels clicked down the hall and Y/n found herself following them, shock settling into her, but it seemed with every turn she took the source was further ahead of her making her pace faster until ultimately breaking out into a sprint. She slowed to a stop finding herself in the kitchen. A familiar, ghost like figure standing before the stove, slipping on a pair of oven mitts. She opened the oven, the scent of chocolate chip cookies filling the room as she pulled put the tray and set them down. Y/n stared froze as her mother turned to her, taking off the mitts and setting them down as well.

"Good morning, dear. You're just in time, they're fresh out the oven." Grace smiled. "Take a seat, sweetheart." Grace told her turning away and taking one of the plates from the cabinet beside the stove. Y/n numbly moved to the table, sitting down silently as tears filled her already red eyes. Grace plucked one of the cookies from the tray, placing it on the plate before walking over to another cupboard and grabbing the bag marshmallows she always kept in supply. Walking back to the plate she opened the bag and sprinkled the marshmallows over the cookie. Y/n watched her every movement as though seeing a ghost. She half believed her mother had come back from the dead to haunt them and make sure they never went hungry. "I've made your favorite. Chocolate chip and marshmallows." Grace smiled warmly as she walked over and set the plate in front of Y/n.

Her kind eyes turned worried as silent tears fell from Y/n's face upon looking down at the dessert. "Y/n, sweetheart what's wrong?" She questioned, putting a hand on her shoulder. "How-how are you here?" Y/n asked shaking her head in disbelief as she looked at her mother's repaired arm. "Am I supposed to be somewhere else?" She chuckled, wiping Y/n's face. She shook her head softly both answering her mother's question and expressing her disbelief. "No-no of course not. Just-how...?" Y/n trailed off, unsure if she wanted to know the answer. Her mother was back, did she really need to question it?

"I'm glad you're here, Mom." She said softly, a smile finding it's way to her face. "So am I. Now eat your cookie before it gets cold." She recommended and Y/n nodded watching as Grace walked back to the stove. Y/n stared at her mother in a daze, forgetting all about the cookie.

Who brought her back?