Alright. That's it. FML.

I couldn't believe what was going on. The subways weren't running at all. The train itself was sitting in the station. No one was at the Metro Card stand. No one was siting along the walls waiting for a train.

We agreed it would be best to go back up and walk to the Garden. I felt like it was an insanely bad idea, but had no clue why. I ended up keeping my mouth shut as to avoid more confusion and fear.

We got back to the street and started walking toward Madison Square Garden. I still felt that eerie sensation, as if someone could see my every move and even see my every thought.

I heard thunder boom from the storm that had concentrated to just the Empire State Building. The man from before was nowhere to be seen.

"That doesn't look good." Chris mumbled, glancing up at the top of the building. I followed his gaze, then lowered mine and looked around. I could see Madison Square Garden about a block away.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Tom mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. He shook his head. "Something isn't right."

"Really?" Chris asked sarcastically, an attempt to ease the tension. It didn't do much to help. I shoved my hands in my pockets, trying to keep them from shaking.

We reached the building and walked inside the large doors. It was completely empty, just like the rest of the city. "Soo...what now?" I mumbled.

"Now, dear Addison," a figure came out of a door, "you help us." He had no hair on his head, eyebrows or otherwise, and his eyes were a deep blue color. Odd metal things were attached to his legs and waist, like a sort of brace. He almost looked like...

"Patrick?" Tom asked. "Patrick Stewart?" The man laughed.

"Not quite, my boy." He said. "I tend to forget about the films. My name is Professor Charles Xavier. I'm working with S.H.I.E.L.D. We need your help."