8. Your 18th Birthday

Campbell's POV:

(Y/n) has been here for almost a year now and it's her birthday. I got her a special present that she will love. Well...presents. It's just one big surprise. She has asked me not to get her anything but I'm going to anyway. I just hope that it all goes as planned.

2nd person POV:

Campbell and Fergus were on the roof setting up decorations for (Y/N)'s birthday. They decided it was the best place to surprise her because she didn't want them to do anything for her birthday.

"Where do you want the streamers?" Fergus asked.

"Right over there," said Campbell pointing to the table that they had set up with chairs.

"What if this goes terribly wrong?" Campbell asked worryingly.

"It won't. Even if it does, that doesn't change the fact that she is madly in love with you,"
Fergus said hopefully.

"I guess you're right."

"I usually am."

*Time skip to 8:47 pm*

(Y/n) POV:

  "Campbell what are you hiding?" I asked suspiciously.

"Nothing."

"Really? All week you have been talking and asking nonstop about my birthday and today is my birthday and you have been dead silent about it all day."

"I told you I'm really not hiding anything."

"I don't buy that. Tell me the truth."

"Alright, Alright, you caught me but I'm not gonna tell what I did until you..... CATCH ME!"

He started running away.

"HEY! I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD GET A HEAD START!" I exclaimed while laughing.

He started to run upstairs and I chased him all the way to the roof.

"Don't think you're gonna get away with..."

I paused and looked around. There was a table with chairs, a blanket laid on the ground, streamers, and a banner that says "Happy Birthday" on it.

I'm speechless. "Campbell... this is amazing,"

"You really like it?"

"I love it," I replied

"Good, come on," he said taking me by the hand and leading me to the table with chair. We both sat down and Fergus walked over to us with two glasses of water.

"Sorry, I'd get us wine, but the nurses don't trust us with alcohol." Campbell said.

"This is perfect." I said and he grinned.

A few minutes later Fergus came back with   (y/f/f).

"Thank you Fergus. Awe Campbell I can't believe that you got my favorite food." I said in awe of how much thought he put into this.

"Trust me, there are more things that I have planned." He replied.

"You really didn't have to do any of this."

"I wanted to." He grabs my hand "I love you."

I kissed him.

"Come on, I wanna show you something." I think he's going to grab my hand but he picks me up bridal style and and places me on the blanket. He then puts a cassette tape in the stereo and it plays this song.

   He lies down next to me and takes my hand in his. We gaze up at the stars above us.

"I'm having one of those moments right now." I say.

"What kind of moment?"

"One of those moments when you realize that nothing can ever be this perfect again that it almost makes you feel sad."

"So basically, I'm depressing you?"

"Yep."

He giggles and I blush because his giggle is so bloody adorable.

"(Y/n), there's something I wanna give you." He says pulling something out of his pocket.

It's a locket that's shaped like a heart.

He asks me to pull up my hair and he puts it on me.

I look inside and it's a picture of us and on the other side it says "C.B. + (Y/F/I). (Y/L/I)."

"Thank you Campbell," I kiss him. "I love it."

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too Campbell Bain."

Campbell's POV:

She's so perfect. I'm so glad that this went so well. I look over to her. She's asleep on my chest. She has the cutest little sleeping face. I carefully scoop her in my arms and carry her to her room.

I gently place her down on her bed and kiss her forehead while holding her hand. I release her hand and turn around towards the door and I feel her grabbing my hand.

"Can you stay with me?" She asks with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course."
♥️

———————————————————————
(A/N): Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Like always, feel free to comment ways that I can improve my writing and I will take requests! 😀

Thank you!
💜