My One True Love (Drarry)

Disclaimer: all characters, places etc. belong to JK Rowling. The only thing I own is the basic storyline, nothing else

So I recently got addicted to Drarry FanFiction and thought 'why not write my own', so here it is. I'm currently writing a Dramione however I really haven't been in the mood to write it in the last month so sorry about those of you who have been waiting for an update on that. Hopefully starting on this will make me want to write it again. So, im hoping that you'll enjoy this!

Also I made a playlist for this story on spotify, here is the link:
http://open.spotify.com/user/11125409406/playlist/1BbvbN1LPaAvVSgAYoDzN6
It's not the best and some of the songs on there I don't even like that much but most of the music I listen to doesn't really contain and love songs or anything suitable, though there is a lot McFly in there because I love them even if they are the complete opposite of a lot of the metal bands I listen to.

I've also put a YouTube song at the start of each chapter that you can listen to as you read if you don't have spotify or can't be bother finding my playlist. Some of them match the chapter and some of them are just good tunes so look out for those.
_____________________________

Chapter one -

Harry's pov

It was eleven o'clock on September first as the scarlet steam engine, known as the Hogwarts express, left platform nine and three quarters to return myself and my friends to our favourite place on earth. After the war, Hogwarts had been repaired of its many damages and Professor McGonagall, the now headmistress, had allowed our entire year to return to school to retake our final year. Though I personally didn't care too much about my newts, having been offered a job as an auror anyway I couldn't resist returning despite everything that happened here.

As the train pulled away from the station, I waved goodbye to Mr and Mrs Weasley and George who had been kind enough to accompany us to the station. I owed a lot to the Weasleys and was very thankful for their generosity as they had let me stay with them since Voldemort's defeat, when I had nowhere else to go; one day i'd repay them.

I was currently sitting in a compartment with my girlfriend, Ginny, and my two best friends Ron and Hermione, who had began dating each other after the battle. Ron wrapped an arm around Hermione's waist at the same time as Ginny took hold of my hand. Opposite me, Hermione gave a me a look that I read as 'you have to break up with her'. I was given this because I had recently come out to her about being gay, however I found it hard to break up with Ginny as I felt as though I had lead her on and knew how heartbroken she would be. Hermione was the only one who knew of my sexuality, I couldn't bear to tell Ron as I knew he would kill me for leaving his sister; he had warned me at the start of our relationship that if I did anything to hurt her then I was dead.

The journey passed quickly and before we knew it, we were at Hogsmeade station. The moment I was off the train I ran over to Hagrid, who was busy escorting first years, and gave him a giant hug.

"A'right 'arry? 'ow was yer summer?" He asked. I had missed Hagrid as I had not seen him since the battle, however he did send me a box of rock cakes on my birthday.

"Great, thanks" I responded happily "how about yours?"

"Good." He answered "Well I bes' be off. Bye Harry, come roun' for tea wheneve' yer free."

"Will do, bye Hagrid." And with that I walked back to my friends as we boarded a carriage. Five minutes later, we had arrived at the large gates of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry; to say I was happy was the understatement of the century- I was ecstatic!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"This year, there will be a few accommodation changes." Professor McGonagall stated from the heads podium at the front of the great hall. The first years had already been sorted and the fantastic feast had already been eaten. "As we now have eight years of students instead of seven, we have decided that, in order to make room and to encourage house unity, a separate common room has been created for students in eighth year. In this new common room, you will be sharing a dorm with people from other houses." Muttering started out across the room. ("I best not have to share with a Slytherin" I heard Ron say.) "Everything else will be as normal. Now off to bed everyone. Eighth years, if you could wait here so that I can escort you to your room."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A minute later, after walking down many winding corridors, we were standing by a painting of a lamb. "Expelliarmus" Professor McGonagall said as the lamb barred and the portrait swung forward, revealing a door into a large living area. She then walked away, leaving the rest of us to settle in.

The common area was large and made up of many different colours. The tables were made of clear glass, the couches and arm chairs were grey and the walls were multicoloured. At the front of the room was a large roaring fireplace and on the opposite side of the room were two sets of staircases: one with the word 'girls' written above it and the with the word 'boys' above it. I wondered who I would be in a room with, hopefully some Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs. At the top of the boys stairs was a long corridor with many doors on each side. On this first door, engrave into it was:

Michael Corner

Dean Thomas

Theodore Nott

The next door read:

Ronald Weasley

Blaise Zabini

Justin Finch-Fletchly

Anthony Goldstein

And then finally, the door in which I had been waiting for:

Ernie Macmillan

Harry Potter

Draco Malfoy

I had to share a room with Malfoy! My mouth fell open as I hesitated outside the door. Well, one of us was probably going to kill the other before the end of the year...

_____________________________________

A/N

Well that was that. Sorry if this first chapter wasn't great but I promise, it will get better as the story progresses. If you did enjoy it then I'd really appreciate it if you could comment and vote. Chapter 2 coming soon. Byeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!