𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

millie exhales dramatically, keeping her eyes focused on her nails

millie exhales dramatically, keeping her eyes focused on her nails. she was growing tired of painting coat after coat of this pale pink polish delicately onto her nail bed.

soft music was echoing through their empty bathroom filling the complete silence that was so noiseless, yet it was almost ear splitting. her mind was spinning with thoughts of that curly haired man she tried not to think of much.

the last time they were actually talking and felt normal was back in february, it is now may. millie tells herself daily that they both need space but something in her kept telling her different. maybe it's the way he never took a lot of things seriously, other than his job.

or how he would be so full of himself, yet also extremely self conscious.
they both think frequently, what would of happened if they weren't forced into marriage?

if they never knew about their families sinful history and traditions. would they still be regular friends? would they still be enrolled in public school?

it takes her a couple minutes until she realizes she spaced out with her thoughts. nail polish dripped onto the marble countertop making her brown eyes go wide.

"shit.." she mumbles, ripping off paper towels, slightly rinsing them under the water faucet. soon after she cleans up her mess, she hears a loud car horn blaring outside her mansion. or should we say a palace.

millie gruffs forcefully throwing the damp towels into a trash can in the corner. "just one moment!" her feet slip on a couple steps down the stairway but she catches herself grabbing onto the railing.

her freshly painted nails smooth over her fitted dress making herself look the slightest bit presentable. the twist of the dark metal door handle fills the echoing entry way, as she comes to face a grown woman in maybe her early fifties. her blonde hair reaches up to her shoulders that are covered with a light gray blazer followed with matching pants.

"millie wolfhard?" her finger scans a clipboard that holds two stacked pages that are thick with notes scribbled in every little corner.

"not yet, just millie brown" her eyes hold a tad bit of confusion but nether the less she shakes her head.

"alright well, we have an update on your fiancé but i was ordered to not tell you first thing. if you can please come with me down to the emergency room we can all sort this out" her face shows no emotion what so ever, as millie receives many all at once.

"emergency room? what do you mean emergency room?!" she frantically yells while the mysterious woman pulls millie by her wrist.