Love and Loyalty part 1

Start from the beginning

"Hey, look at dada." Rumlow touched his face, Bucky flinched then smiled.

"Winter." He pointed to his bunny in the crib, Rumlow got it and put it in his arms. Rumlow sighed, Bucky had a habit of spacing out and it usually lead to him switching from calm to very aggressive in seconds. Steve and Rumlow learned this the hard way.

"Hey, pancake time. Do you want to help?" Bucky nodded. Rumlow got his hand and brought him in the kitchen.

"Can you get the pancake box?" Bucky got the pancake box and gave it to Rumlow.

"How about the milk?" Bucky went to the fridge, but there was a lock on it.

"Oh yeah." The fridge and many of the cabinets and doors had baby locks on it. Not because Bucky was curious and would put everything in his mouth, but because everything could become a weapon.

Rumlow took off the lock and got the milk. He poured some in batter and put it back and locked it.

"Alright, let's stir." Bucky stirred the batter the best he could. Rumlow stirred it thoroughly and warmed up the stove.

"Let me guess strawberry pancakes?" Said Steve.

"Daddy." Bucky dropped the spoon and went to Steve. Steve picked him up and kissed his head.

"They're blueberry for your information." Said Rumlow pouring five pancakes. Steve kissed him and went to the living room, he turned on the tv and let Bucky entertain himself. He went back to the kitchen and watched Rumlow.

"Watching me isn't going to make them cook faster." Said Rumlow, flipping the pancakes.

"I wish that was possible. I got a call from Fury shortly after you left."

"What does he want?"

"You didn't check in Saturday and you didn't send in the report of Bucky."

"Saturday was exhausting and Bucky is doing the same every time they ask only difference I know is his attitude. They don't need one every week."

"Those reports are what keeping him out of someone's padded cell, so I would appreciate it if you would not skip out on them." Rumlow took the pancakes off the stove and put two on his and Steve's plate and one on Bucky's and cut it up.

"You don't find it ridiculous that they ask for reports of him every week and put him through therapy all week? You don't think maybe they're just waiting for the perfect moment for him to go insane?"

"If that's so then we need to prove them wrong, if you don't send in those reports they will look at him wrong." Rumlow poured orange juice in Bucky's sippy cup and fixed coffee for himself and Steve.

"You really think they would take him away because of a missing report?"

"Yes they would and Fury told you he would."

"I'll do better, I'll call Fury later and explain everything. Feel better?"

"Much, thanks for cooking."

"Bucky, come eat." Said Rumlow. Bucky got up and sat in his chair.

"Whip cream or syrup?" Asked Steve. Bucky pointed to the syrup, he was just like Rumlow when it came to breakfast. Whip cream with strawberry pancakes and syrup with blueberry pancakes, they tried to mix it up but he refused.

They ate in comfortable silence for a while, Bucky began his routine of reaching over the table and trying to grab something. He whined when they moved their plates further away.

"Dada, want." He pointed to his pancakes.

"Say please."

"Want."