Chapter Three

Mercy POV

(Dream)
The sounds of guns going off surrounds me and my squad. I feel a a bullet pearce through my shoulder. My squad is tired and we don't know how much longer we can hold of the enemy. As of right now we are trying to hold out as long as we can waiting for backup. The screams of and groans of pain and terror from the innocent people and my team. I lost a lot of blood and it's causing my vision to become blurry. I'm not letting it stop me from fighting though. I see a bullet coming straight for my girlfriend and squad member, Tristan. "NOO!" I scream out as I get to her too late.
(End of dream)

I shoot up in bed, panting. My body is covered in cold sweats. I look over over to Kelley to see her looking right back at me. I look away from her. She wasn't supposed to know about this. No one was. "What time is it?" I question. "4:30am. And are you okay?" "Yeah, can we forget about this happening?" "I'm not going to forget it but I'm gonna give you sometime before we talk about. To gather your thoughts." "Yeah yeah,"I say getting out of the bed. "Where are you going?" "To clear my head. There is no way I can go back to sleep." I don't hear a reply so I get changed and leave the room. I make my way to the roof and sit on the edge. "I know your there Kelley," I say after a few minutes. "How did you know?"she asks sitting next to me. "You have the lightness of a depressed of a elephant," I say chuckling. (My favorite line from movie Leap!) She crosses her arms and pouts. "Aww. You look so cute," i say while pinching her cheeks. Kelley giggles at me and pushes me away. Now it's my turn to pout. She just laughs her melodious laugh of hers. I can feel my stomach doing flip flops. I never felt like this since Tristan. I mean I've slept around but that was it. I need to talk about this with Ali, she always knows what to do when it comes to feelz. I look straight ahead trying to wrap my head around what this woman is doing to me. I feel her lay her head on my shoulder with a sigh. Her fingers tracing soothing patterns on my hand. I couldn't fight off the smile on my face.
We sat in silence enjoying each others company. I check the time on my watch and it's 5:20am. "Come on Kel let's get something to eat," I say nudging her with my shoulder. "As long as there is coffee!" "Of course." I chuckled at her.
————
The whole team was eating breakfast when Jill came in with two Marines. "Captain Mercy Krieger." They saluted me and I did the same back to them. "What brings you two here?" I query. The other speaks up this time, "Captain, you are requested to come back to serve your country." "My duty is to my country," I say, "now when am I leaving?" "Tommorow at 0700 hours." With that we salute each other and they leave. The room is dead silent. I look around to see sad faces. The saddest ones of them all is Mal, Kelley, and Ali. I sigh and walk over to Ali. Once in front of her, I open my arms wide for a hug. She quickly accepts it and breaks down in my arms. I whisper soothing things in her ear trying to calm her. She chokes out , "I just got you back and now you're leaving again." "I'm not gonna be gone forever. Ill come home and I promise to keep in touch this time," I say. "You better," Ali says looking straight in my eyes. Once she releases me, I turn to my baby Mal. We became close since team bonding. I love as if she was my kid. "My child," I say holding her, "please don't cry. I'm coming back and I'll keep contact with you." She nods and I kiss her head. "I'm going to miss you though," she whispers. "Follow me ," I tell her. She does and I lead her to my room. I go over to my suitcase and pull out a sweatshirt. Handing it to her she looks confused. "It's so you will always have a part of me with you." She holds it tight whispering a "thank you".
We go back to the others and I walk to Ali. "Um uh, can I talk to you in private?" I question scratching the back of my neck. She nod and we go outside of the room. "What's on your mind?" "So I get these warm fuzzy feelings whenever I'm around Kelley," I rush out. She grins from ear to ear. "You like her!" She squeals. "Yeah but what am I going to do? I'm leaving for the Marines." I'm freaking out. Ali smacks me. "Thanks I needed that." "Tell her before it's too late." With that she leaves to go back in. I follow suit. Jill speaks up, "Today will be an off day so you can spend time with Mercy before she leaves." I walk over to Kelley and tap her shoulder. She turns to me and I ask, " Would you like to spend the day with me ?" Her face lights up and nods yes.

*Sorry for not updating for so long ~ SJ*