Chapter 4: First Day of School

Start from the beginning

I know I can’t stand that tramp but you need to stop doing this to girls. If Mom and Dad found out they’d hunt you done and beat you with a stick!!

        “Chelle, we’ll talk about this later okay?” He said as he got up and walked away. As soon as he was gone I looked at Michelle and we both started laughing hysterically.

        After we dumped our trays and cleaned up I went and got my schedule. There were some normal classes like English and a math course but there were others that were not so normal. Such as Control, Self-Defense, and Elementals. I looked at Michelle she pointed out the control class.

        “I’m hoping that means you have that class too?” She nodded. I laughed. “Awesome, so I’ll at least know one person.” She smiled and led me to my first class, English.

English was well as easy as any other English class. They were reading some poetry and short stories that they had written. Some were good, some well weren’t. An hour of listening to people’s work the bell rang, now it was time for Self-Defense. Self-Defense was awesome! I had taken a couple of martial arts classes before I came to the school so I excelled. It was a lot of fun to be able to punch and kick a punching bag again. Unfortunately the time flew and I was heading to math. That took forever! I hated math and that class seemed to take at least three hours. Then came lunch. By some miracle I actually ran into Michelle when I got to the lunch line. She held out a tray to me. I thanked her and grabbed it.

        As we went through the line I noticed that even in a school of powerful beings there was bullying and even some kids sitting by themselves. One girl in particular stood out. She had shoulder length blonde hair. She was just sitting there picking at her food. I nudged Michelle and pointed her out. She blushed and looked away. Hmmm interesting, I thought to myself.

        Out loud I said “Are you interested in her Michelle?” She blushed some more and shook her head. “Uh huh sure. Whatever you well don’t say Michelle, but I’m going to go sit next to her, you in?”

        When she didn’t answer I just walked over the girl. “Hi, is this seat taken?”

        She looked up in surprise “Nope.”

        “Awesome! My name is Astrid and this is Michelle.” I didn’t need to look behind me to know that Michelle had followed. We sat down.

        She smiled “Hi, the names Lana.” We smiled back.

        “So what’s your power?” Lana asked us.

        “Well I’m a pyrokinetic.” I said then we both looked at Michelle. She had taken her notebook out and wrote down My voice.

        “What does that mean?” I asked.

        Surprisingly Lana answered “She’s a pusher, and not in the pornographic way. She can use her voice to make anyone do what she wants; good, bad, anything. Right?” she asked Michelle.

        Michelle nodded smiling.

        “So is that why you don’t talk?” I asked her curiously. I don’t know why but I felt bad for her. She seemed so sad. She nodded.

        “So you don’t talk in order to save other people?” Lana asked. Again she nodded. “Well screw them! Everyone deserves to be heard, especially someone as good hearted as you! You know what? I bet your brother doesn’t even know does he?”