★9~ Tere Mere★

"Rahein judaa kyun ho gayi?
Na tu galat, na main sahi."
~Tere Mere
By
Armaan Malik

(The present: 26 August 2018)

Smriti's POV

I take the Popcorn, Colas, all of the snacks and go to the hall to sit on the couch for watching the movie. We that is me and roomates, were having our 'movie day' ritual.

I lived with James and roomates now, because I was 18. It was a thing in London that everyone above was 18 was kinda kicked out of the home to be independent with financial support from the parents.

So here was I, Smriti R.P, 18 years old. Staying with my 'new' brother and his roomates and studying in Oxford University. Depressed, suffering from anxiety as well, almost-adjusted to the life in London. And well, swearing a lot. Shirali hated that, so she's gonna scold me. Lol. But I have do have Harshitha for some company. And I have a British accent now, which is damn cool.

I go the couch and see Sam and Isabella making out. "Guys stop making out or get a fucking room, for god's sake.", I groan at them and they finally stop it. They're too much in love that it's disgusting.

Sam was 19 and was an international cricketer who happened to be my brother's best friend. Looks like cricketers never leave me, huh?

About Sam: he was this crazy guy who had this 'idgaf', life of the party and party-boy type of a character.

And his girlfriend Isabella (or Bella, as we called her) also lived with us, she was also the 'idgaf' girl but she was kind of a quiet person, unlike Sam. They were still in they're what we call the 'honeymoon' stage of their relationship.

"Which movie are we watching?", Bella asks us.

"I don't know which one but it's definitely not a romantic one. We all are fed up of seeing you and Sam make out like a pair of slugs everytime the male and female lead in the movie do it.", I complain and laugh.

"Wassup bitches??", James or can I say, my 'new' brother comes in and literally jumps on the couch.

"Language.", I mutter a Captain America dialogue from Avengers:Age Of Ultron.

"Wait... Are we watching Avengers: Age Of Ultron.", Sam asks.

"Yes we are. So finally god put some brains into your dumb-ass brain huh?", I sass him.

"You aren't funny.", he retorts.

"I wasn't trying to be.", I tell and poke my tongue out at him.

"Oh stop it both of you.", James cuts me and stops our banter.

James was the eldest of all of us, he was 20. He has kind of the 'dad' sometimes but then he was the craziest (to the highest extent) yet a very caring person. But don't even ask me how he is when he's drunk.

"Guys no movies with dirty scenes.", Thanusha (our Indian roomate whom James mentioned) sits on couch and tells us. "We won't Thanu, chill.", I reassure her.

So here's Thanusha: the most sanskari South Indian girl. She was a  Tamilian, just like me. But very sanskari: she never swore, never listened to English music with swear words like us and did any other 'dirty thing', no crushes, no boyfriends. And it the coincidence was that she was my classmate and close friend when I was 8th and 9th grade in Bangalore, before I shifted to Chandigarh. Which means that she was also 18, like me.

"So we ready?", Clay comes.

"Yes we were waiting for you to come, your majesty.", James tells.

"Oh shut the fuck up mate", Clay swears. Well to be honest, I wasn't used to this much of swearing. But people over here did it like all the time, so I had to get used to it. He sits next to me.