- chapter one: suzie, do you copy? [ part one ]

CHAPTER ONE.
surprise!

IM BACK BITCHES

IM BACK BITCHES

i'll come back and put nineteen's outfit in once i make it

ALSO YES I DID DELETE THIS THE FIRST TIME because i literally didn't even write one section of the book that needed to be written so that's what i've been doing lmao how embarrassing 😔😔

ALSO-ALSO the outfit in the media is just at the beginning of the chapter, not when they surprise dustin and stuff

JUNE 28, 1984

men with gas masks and rubber gloves attach tubes and sockets to the machine, quickly and diligently. they do their jobs, prepping the device. a man walks over to the small control box next to it, and pushes one button. the lights come on.

up in the box that peers over the machine, two men in lab coats walk in with a briefcase. the first man sets it down and opens it, pulling out two keys. he hands a key to the second man and they walk over to the controls. they insert the keys in a slot and look at one another. they nod once and turn the keys.

the machine powers up, electric bolts bouncing from the center to the side. it begins turning, spinning faster and faster. the tongs open up, and an electric blue beam shoots out.

it shoots at a wall, the upside down, burning it. it opens up the upside down, splitting it in two. vines and slimy substances slither out the sides slightly.

before it barely gets out, it suddenly starts to go wrong then, the power controls and devices around the room explode.

the machine shuts down fast and the men in the box look down in confusion and disappointment.

and then it explodes, electric bolts streaming out of it, and killing everyone. the men are thrown back, screaming in agony as their insides are burned up. the men in the box watch through the glass in shock.

as they then go down to check everything out and negotiate, in a testing room in hawkins lab, a young girl with rosy cheeks and bangs is laying flat on her back, gasping for air. nurses check her arms and legs for anything, coming up empty, and a woman with brown hair soothes her, pushing her bangs back from her face.

blood and tears run down her cheeks as a chord and strap are wrapped around her arm. her vitals are checked frantically as she breathes deeply. she squeezes her eyes shut and wails, the stinging in her chest becoming too much to bear.