Sighing, the Croft girl closed her eyes, leaning her head against the window falling into a much needed, blissful sleep.

Waking up to her brothers, giant man hands shaking her, was not pleasant. Especially after taking a long nap.

"Esme, we're here."

Propping one eye open and looking out the window, Esme realized that students were starting to unload from the train, also noticing that the Kinley girl no longer inhabited the compartment. Grabbing her luggage, the Croft girl groaned as she stood up. "How long was I out for?"

"A little over an hour." Axel responded. "You snored like a bear in hibernation."

"Love that." She murmured to herself, so that Axel couldn't hear.

Stepping off the train, Esme saw a giant man with long dark hair, that had a matching beard, yelling for all the first years to come to him.

"Do we go over there? Or do we follow them?" Esme nodded her head to all the older kids, who were loading into carriages.

"Not sure. Might as well ask that big fella over there." Axel pointed to the large, bearded man.

Making their way over, Esme regarded the big, hairy man with hesitation. While he looked harmless, Esme was still new to the school and hadn't the slightest clue of what he was like.

"Excuse me sir" Axel started. "My sister and I are transfers here. Do you know if we're supposed to go with you or with the other older students?"

"Ah. Yer' the transfer' from America. Names Rubeus Hagrid. This way please." The big man, Hagrid, started walking towards a line of boats on the shoreline.

"Are we supposed to ride over to the school?" Esme asked her brother, fearfully.

"I think so." He gave his sister a comforting smile.

To say that Esme had a slight fear of water was an understatement. The girl could barely get knee deep without freaking out before she ran back to the shore, and the Croft girl was not scared of many things.

Even if she knew how to swim, she still doubted herself. Never allowing herself to go above the waist whenever she forced herself to get in or if she did get in for that matter.

So, when the girl hoped inside the old, wooden boat, she felt herself almost hyperventilate from the rocking of the thing. Putting both her arms on each side of the boat, Esme took deep breaths to steady her heart rate.

"You know even if the boat flipped, you know how to swim." Her brother commented on the distressed girl.

"Still doesn't help the fact that I'm still scared does it?" She snarked back as the boat started its journey across the lake.

"I'm just saying, you'll be fine. An if it did— which I'm saying it probably won't— I'd be right here to catch you."

"Thanks, Bubba." Esme said, using the old nickname she gave him as a child.

"No problem, Esie."

The venture across the lake, turned out to be okay. The boat didn't tip, no creatures tried to drown her, and Axel didn't make jokes at her.