𝟏𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞

[ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞 ]

NOTE: I sincerely apologise for the long break between chapters

NOTE: I sincerely apologise for the long break between chapters. After I published Chapter 12 some large, sudden changes that I was very unprepared for kind of took hold of my life and I've only just been able to get back into writing. Thank you to everyone who's stuck around for me to continue the book, it's acted as my main motivation and it means more than you know.

«⃞  »⃞

Have you heard, Upper East Siders? Burlesque is all the rage again, and sometimes a little raging is exactly what you need. And as always, Chuck's aiming to be ahead of the curves. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Nate Archibald seems to have made a home out of a dog-house, and a cold one at that — has all gone south with Queen B? Not to mention the spat spotted at last weekends masquerade between him and Scarlett. Still not talking? I know I'd sure like the inside scoop on that. - xoxo, Gossip Girl.

«⃞  »⃞

Slamming her phone shut, Scarlett rolled her eyes. Surely the teens of New York had better things to do than keep up with the lives, relationships and friendships that were not their own. Or, at least you'd think so - but then again, scandals and rumours are a hell of a drug, especially when there's an echo chamber attached.

"A job?" Eli queried, Scarlett glancing up from the space she'd been staring into, occupied by her own thoughts. "A job." Greyson confirmed, essentially pinging his sister back into the conversation with a reminder. Of course, how could she forget - Greyson was job hunting, you'd almost think his schedule wasn't already overpacked, or that he actually needed the money.

Figuring it her turn to chime in, Scarlett spoke up. "How midtown of you." She hummed, taking a sip from her mug as she raised her eyebrows at the boy across from her - almost as though her thoughts had never strayed from the conversation. Greyson shrugged, clearly very set on his decision. "It makes me look good on college applications." He argued in his own defence, Scarlett shrugging as though to say 'It's not a bad thing, except you won't last a day'.

Eli, on the other hand was the picture of bewilderment, having been under the belief his younger siblings were the poster children for college candidates. "So does captain of the lacrosse team. And polo, do you still do polo?" Eli trailed, finding himself questioning the statement as he went on - point was, his younger brother participated in enough sport to substitute for this three siblings lack there of.

But still Greyson shook his head, waving over to the blond who wasn't quite following along with his plan. "Humble, acknowledging my privilege." Greyson rambled on, Scarlett letting out an amused huff, tipping her mug towards her brother as though to motion over to the boy. "Sycophantic is what you are." She retorted, earning a heavy chuckle from Eli.