just a little longer

Start from the beginning

Jennie shook her head and waved her hands in the air to prove her point. "Oh no, he was quite the comfort. Gave me the little warmth and smile I hadn't felt in a while." A long, long while.

The man's gaze went to her stomach. The girl in front of him had a slim figure, but her stomach had that distinctive bulge to it. So he assumed. "Oh, you're pregnant just like my wife! How many months are you in?" His voice went up a notch in excitement.

"Two and a half." Jennie looked down, timidly fidgeting her fingers.

"My wife would love to meet you! She always has this fetish of meeting other pregnant women. Do you mind if I call her?" Jennie was in this unknown friendly and generous reception of a stranger, but she meeting new acquaintances could get her mind off Jisoo and all the unpleasantries.

"No, not at all."

Before calling his wife, he said to Jennie, beaming with a smile. "I didn't get your name."

Jennie offered her hand. "I'm Jennie Kim."

"Kim Taehyung."

.

.

.

Hours later she found herself laughing her heart out from a story told by his wife, Joohyun. Taehyung brought her to a restaurant near the park, leaving the two women for their girls' talk.

Jennie wished she met her earlier, maybe Joohyun and Taehyung could be her silent getaway from all the hurdles and storms still brewing in her life.

"He seriously did not do that!" Jennie wiped the tears from her eyes with a tissue.

Joohyun nodded her head, sipping water from the glass she held in her hand. "He did! Crazy isn't he?" Jennie nodded her head, getting a new set of tissues to pat her eyes with.

"So, have you found out the gender of your baby?" Joohyun changed the topic, something she did every now and then, not that Jennie disliked it. She found it very funny and interesting.

"No, in about a month or so."

Joohyun's eyes sparkled, and looked dreamy, reminiscing of a moment from the past. "Oh, Jen, it's a moment that's one for the books. The overwhelming emotions just hits you like a bullet. It's definitely a time you and your husband will cherish forever."

Husband.

Jennie never told Joohyun her baby would never know a father. Would never know what it felt like to have one.

One of the things that kills her everyday is the fact her child will be born with a broken family and a broken mother, but she will try to fix herself for the baby.

"I hope it will." Joohyun didn't get the sadness covering Jennie's features and continued.

"Your husband could also join you in your prenatal classes! It's very intimate for the couple, and very informative, I must say."

But Jennie was alone. She had no one.

"Oh, oh! You could also ask your husband to take pictures of your growing bump! Tae would snap a photo every month and post it on the wall, admiring it almost every day, and I wonder when he'll ever get tired of it!"

But no one else would ever admire her, much less her growing belly.

"Tae also loves resting his head on my stomach, feeling our baby boy move inside me. Every kick the baby makes, he always makes sure to remember how it felt against his skin."

But no one would do that for her baby. It was just the two of them, her and the child. All they had was each other. Joohyun talked and talked, not knowing every word she said was a dagger in Jennie, shoving in her face she would never have a husband, or a partner to go through with her during her pregnancy and what comes after. But she had to endure the pain, until it was time to leave in the afternoon and part ways.