Chapter 4: You Are A Brick Tied To Me

If it makes you happy, then do it. Do whatever you can to be happy, even if someone tries to stop you.

---

-Electra Ayers-

The day of the concert came around quicker than I wanted it to. I would've loved to have taken Wednesday. She would've loved that. She's been begging me to take her to a concert, and I told her one day.

I opted for a simple outfit: a white t-shirt that has the Fall Out Boy logo on the front, the cross-T thingy- Pete gave it to me-, black skinny jeans, black, patent Dr. Martens and a red and black plaid shirt. I felt like the old me. The me before Wednesday and Fleur. The me I always was.

I had done my hair in the usual way: straightened and placed down over my shoulders. Its always been generally the same length, just stretching to the middle of my back. It was a mousey brown color, much different to the black I used to have but still not the natural blonde I am. I never did re-dye my tips red nor blue ever again, that was a little hair phase I did. Maybe I will again one day, I don't know.

"What are you wearing?"

I could see Jackson behind me from where I was looking in the mirror. He had just got back from work. He was dressed fully in his work clothes: a crisp white shirt, grey suit pants and the suit jacket to match the pants. He looked good for work, always and without a doubt.

"I'm wearing clothes." I sassed, smiling back at him in the mirror as I pulled down the t-shirt a little.

"No. Why are they so dark?" He replied, walking closer to me, twirling the keyring of his keys around his finger.

"I'm going to a rock show, J. It's what everyone wears." I spun around to face him. There was some stubble on his chin from where he didn't shave in the morning. "Plus, I always dress like this anyway. You're just not home to see it."

"Alright. If you like it." He turned around and went to leave again. "Don't blame me if you get jumped tonight."

That comment made my blood curdle. How dare he?! How dare he insult the way I dress?! I'll dress the way I like.

"Oh! Are you still staying in tonight with the girls?" I called after him. Jackson has the tendency to go out every night after work, unless he's super tired.

"Yeah, I guess I'll have to." He called back from the kitchen. Oh great. He'll be drinking in the house. I hope he doesn't have company around.

I sighed, shaking off his rudeness. I scrunched some hair up in my fingers and letting it go, adding some volume. I looked pretty okay.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a text from Joe.

From: Joey Trohy

You still coming tonight, right? Wentz and I are pretty hyped for you to be at the show.

To: Joey Trohy

I sure am. I'll see you guys later. I'll definitely be at the front, right?

I received the text immediately after I sent one.

From: Joey Trohy

Deffo! Pete will make sure you are, home girl!

To: Joey Trohy

Okey-dokey. I'll see you l8r home boy.

Joe stopped texting from then on. I thought that he had to get ready for the show, probably. I slipped my phone back into my pocket and continued to get ready. I applied some makeup- just a quick line of eyeliner, mascara and a little bit of pale pink lipstick. I felt... More than just a stay-at-home mom. I was... Me again.