16.

Layla's POV.

"Camila!" I yelled when I heard a knock on the door.

"I'm taking a bath, you open it." She called back.

"Well I'm still in bed, so." I protested.

"Yeah because it makes so much sense that I have to get out of the bathtub, go open the door, then jump right back when you're there, fully clothed." She remarked, causing me to roll my eyes.

I groaned, jumping out of bed and made my way to the door.

"Oh, it's you." I said blankly when I saw who was at the door. "Well Cami's still taking a bath so you can come in if you want." I informed Joe before walking back to the bed.

"You're not a morning person, are you?" He chuckled.

I just shrugged. I mean, I didn't exactly get much sleep last night so I was a bit grumpy.

"Anyway, what's- oh you're here too." I said with an even more bored tone when I looked up to see who had just walked in behind Joe.

"You don't sound like someone who's happy to see me." Trent pointed out.

"Because I'm not."

He just rolled his eyes, walking over to take a seat on the bed as well.

"No, get off. I'm trying to get back to sleep and I can't do that with you sitting on my bed like that." I slightly pushed him.

"In my opinion, it's quite unhealthy to be sleeping till this hour." He shrugged.

"Good thing I didn't ask for your opinion."

He scoffed, but I didn't miss the slight smile that was playing on his lips as he turned to look at me.

"What?"

"You're beautiful." He said softly. "Even after just waking up."

I chuckled, turning to look away. "That was so corny Trent."

"Wait, are you blushing?" He laughed, trying to get a good look at my face as I hid behind my hair.

I mean, a compliment like that - that too, from him - kind of caught me off guard, I won't lie.

"Just date already." Joe commented with a chuckle.

I looked up, locking eyes with Camila who had just walked out the bathroom and we shared a look. I quietly groaned - way to make things awkward Joe.

~

After Joe and Trent left our room earlier today, I got ready as well and Cami and I made our way to the café that was housed by the Hilton Hotel we were currently residing in, to start with our 'job'.

It really wasn't much to do, we just had to keep the café immaculate and decent, and be nice to everyone that walked in - which in this case was Men's and Women's under 20 to under 17 - since the senior teams were 'forbidden' from having any Starbucks, with the Uefa Nations League and the Women's World Cup approaching.

The lengths Southgate and Neville will go to keep these people healthy.

It didn't take long before Camila was friends with almost every staff member in the place - she was always the outspoken one anyway. I guess we kind of complemented each other in a way because even though I wasn't like super timid or shy, I still wasn't as outspoken as Camila.

"You're gonna tell him?" She questioned as she sat on the opposite side of the table, since we were on a lunch break.

"Tell who what?" I asked mindlessly, scrolling up my phone.

"You know what I'm talking about." She said blankly.

"No honestly. Tell who what?" I looked up from my phone, now properly giving her my attention.

"Trent." She responded. And when she still saw that I was still kind of confused, she continued. "That you're dating Jadon."

I made a face. "It's not his business. And besides, he knows I have a boyfriend."

"Yeah but he doesn't know that the Jadon you're dating is the same Jadon he's friends with."

"I don't get your point. I'm not sure if it has slipped your mind but Trent has a girlfriend, and you've met her before. So I don't think he's that worried about who I'm dating - I wouldn't want him to be either."

Any sort of 'relation' that Trent and I had, ended weeks ago - it was somewhat of a fling, and we're both certainly over it. So it really shouldn't be a big deal that I was dating Jadon.

Right?

~