12 and 9

The wind slowly blows carrying fallen autumn leaves. Jessica gives out a sigh as she stares at the tomb in front of her. A smile creeps out slowly. She kneels down beside the tomb and caresses the name written on it; Kris Wu.

“Hey Kris. I know okay, you’re mad that I haven’t been able to visit you for a while now and for that I’m really sorry. It’s just been-” she heaves a sigh before continuing “–I’ve been really busy for the past days, weeks, months.”

Jessica closes her eyes relishing the mid autumn day, “And I miss you. I really miss you.”  Her face slowly relaxes as she tries her best not to cry. Flopping down on the grass just beside the tomb, she gazes at the sky; red-orange, just like that time.

*****

Jessica rushes inside the hospital from the Midwinter Day outside the gloomy place only to be met by an ‘I’m sorry Miss Wu, he’s gone. Time of death is 6:06 pm.’

The doctor gazes at her with pity in his eyes as he leaves and she hated it. As if she needed it. As if that would bring back his fiancé. They were going to meet up at a cafe to discuss their plans for their wedding. Jessica touches her ring; the ring Kris gave her as a sign that they were in fact engaged and she would finally be his after years of dating.

Her mind hasn’t registered any of the information yet. She gets up and goes to where Kris’ body lies. She smiles at him seeing his calm expression instead of the usual stoic look he gives people.

“Hey. Kris. Wake up.” She nudges him on his shoulder. “Come on Mr. Wu. Wake up please.” She waits for him to react but was met by silence. She taps him on the face but nothing happens so she increases the force she exerts.

Jessica’s eyes slowly tears up. “Hey! Wu Yi Fan. Wake up! Why are you like this? I hate you!” She pounds on his chests as she cries. “Why? Why do you have to leave me?” she starts “Kris, please. Just-” her words stops as she sobs harder.

Feeling the heavy impact of the situation suddenly on her shoulders, her knees gave up and she falls on her knees –still crying from the departure of her fiancé.

*****

“You know Kris, those words I’ve spouted at you makes me mad at myself. I hated myself because I blamed you. And I’m really sorry.” She stares at the horizon thinking about him. What would his expression be after my confession? But later on she smiles to herself like a lovesick fool. She knew deep down that the sweet and loving man behind that cold exterior would forgive her and understand her. He always does.

“Come to think of it your death has made me realize that a lot of people are still there. In fact they’ve helped me recover. And I am really thankful to them and I know you are too.”

*****

“Oh come on Miss-I-hate-the-world, brighten up. You know he would hate you if you keep on frowning like that.” Lay told her as he pokes her cheeks.

“He’s right Sica. Come on, I’ll treat you to your favourite milk tea so smile.” Tiffany tries bargaining with her best friend. “Please, for me.” Her friend pouts which made Jessica glare at her since she hated it when her best friend acted cute in front of her. She hated cute things.

Slowly the two chuckle at their interaction.

“Hey. That’s mean of you. What about the two of us here?” Lay points at the guy beside him which they liked to call Lulu. The two girls laugh at them.

“Alright we’ll treat Lulu too since he’s quiet unlike you Lay.” Jessica says and sticks her tongue out at Lay.

“Uh, why? I was the one who was trying my best to make you smile yet you ignore me. I’m deeply hurt.” Lay touches his heart as if his heart was broken. They all laughed at him making him pout more which erupted more laughter making him join in laughing with them. Luhan gazes at his best-girl-friend and slips his hand to her own. He squeezes it softly and reassuringly. Jessica looks at him and smiles.

*****

“That’s right!” Jessica jumps up suddenly. “Gosh, I forgot why I was here in the first place.” She grins to herself and looks at the horizon.

She cups her mouth and shouts, “Hey Wu Yi Fan or Kris whatever! Wherever you are I know you are listening so listen well! You are currently speaking to the Top Fashion Designer in the country! Ha! I told you I’ll be able to reach my dreams! You should be proud that you have me as your girlfriend!”

She falls back down on the grass and smiles widely.She turns on her side facing his tomb. “Mr. Wu, do you know that you’ll always be my boyfriend despite the fact that you left me. I know you told me that if ever you leave me I should forget you and start seeing other people.” She thinks to herself, and heaves a sigh. “Fine, I’ll date other people but you’ll always be the one for me okay?”

“So guide me throughout my journey wherever you are. And let me meet someone good alright?” Slowly her eyes falls shut and she drifts to sleep on the grass as the sky turns dark.

Jessica’s lips forms a small smile as a breeze touches her face as if reassuring her that Kris in fact would be there with her. A lone tear falls from her eye as she tells herself that he is there.

He always was.