#78 Phobias

#78 Phobias

Luke: Today was your lazy day. You’d been looking forward to it all week; school had sent you into a never-ending world of stress and studying. It had been particularly tough since exams were coming up all too soon. So you set aside today for a day to do absolutely nothing at all - no studying, no books, not even a thought about your classes. 

And your boyfriend had to ruin it.

"C’mon, babe, it’ll be fun," he persisted. Luke wanted you to go on a boat trip with him and his band. In all honesty you’d have no problem with it at all, it sounded fun, if only you weren’t so petrified of water.

"No," you simply stated again, getting up from your spot on the couch to the kitchen, in search of food.

"(Y/N), come on," he sighed, "Please?"

"I’m alright," you smiled, turning to him, "You go ahead." 

He stuck out his lip in a pouty face, “It wouldn’t be any fun without you there.”

You sighed; he knew that the pouty face was your weakness. But as cute as it was, it wasn’t about to top your phobia.You shook your head, “Luke, go have fun. I’ll stay here, catch up on Pretty Little Liars or something.”

"No, come with us," he said.

"Come on, I promise it’ll be fun. We can go swimming," you cringed as the word left his mouth, cutting off the rest of his sentence.

"What? Swimming?" you made a face and started to walk off, hoping to avoid this conversation.

"Babe, if you’re insecure about your body or something -" 

"No," you cut him off, "Let’s just, um, I just, uh, don’t want to go." 

"Look at me," he responded. You hesitantly turned around to face him.

"What’s wrong?" you scrunched up your mouth. 

"Hey, c’mon, tell me," he pleaded.

"Um, water’s just, uh, not my thing." you stuttered, "So you go ahead."

"Are you scared of water?" he asked.

"Well, um, yeah, I guess," you mumbled, "You could put it like that…"

"Well you have to go now," he laughed, "Come on, I’m gonna help you get over this." 

You furrowed your eyebrows, “Uh, no, thanks. I’m good.” 

"Yeah, no. You’re going. Sorry," he laughed. You groaned in protest, but he just pushed you along.

Now you two were standing on the dock, waiting for Ashton to bring the boat around. You swayed a little bit, looking at the water. 

"Woah, (Y/N), you okay?" Calum asked as he steadied you by the shoulders.

"What? Uh, yeah," you responded. Luke sent you a reassuring smile as he mouthed a ‘It'll be okay.

And then there came Ashton, grinning wildly as he pulled in to the dock purposely splashing water on all of you.

"I can’t do this!" you shrieked, running off the dock back to the grass.

"What?" Ashton asked.

"Thanks, you dick!" Luke yelled, sarcastically, running after you.

"What’d I do?" Ashton looked helplessly around for answers; Michael and Calum only shrugged in response. 

5SOS Preferencesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें