Chapter Six

Seren's heart was in her throat as she ran over to the limp body laying on the floor in front of her. Tears filled her eyes as she left him to run and find anyone to help her. She spotted Robb, Jon and Theon through the crowd of people who were looking at her curiously.

As soon as the got close enough, she grabbed her brother's hand and began to pull him towards the abandoned tower but he was too strong and stopped her.
"What's wrong?" Theon asked while all three of the young men waited for an answer.
"Bran fell from the tower." Seren managed to get out and she pointed the way out to them. They looked at each other in shock for a second before they all began sprinting down the path to Bran. Tears streamed down Seren's face again as she ran down the path after them.

-
"Oww." Seren yelped, as she stabbed herself with the sewing needle for the 3rd time in the past hour.
"Oh, let me see." Catelyn said, and leaned over to look at her finger. They were both sat in a room where Bran Stark lay as he was in a coma.

After he had been found at the bottom of the tower, he had been rushed inside and attended to by many maesters. Bran hadn't woken up since that day but the maester had predicted that he would wake up, but whether he would walk again was still unclear. As soon as it had happened, Ned composed a letter to send to Seren's father because if Bran couldn't walk again, the betrothal could be called off. Though, Seren had already composed a letter begging her father not to call off the betrothal as she had grown to like Winterfell.

Catelyn cleaned up the blood and both of them went back to their sewing. They had both been sat for the past day in the dark room. The only times they had left was when it was dinner time, when it was time to go bed and when she Seren had gone to pray to the drowned God with Dana. She was praying a lot more than usual, but it seemed to have worked to she wasn't complaining.

It had also been annoyed that Lord Stark was going to become the hand of the king so he was going to have to move to King's landing. He had planned to take Sansa and Arya with him, which made sense but she was still going to miss them. As well as this, Jon was going to be leaving for the wall soon. Seren had started getting on well with Jon as he was an outcast like her at first. Even though she was beginning to fit in now, she still had a strong friendship with him.

"Do you know when the royal family are leaving, my lady?"
"Not long now, a few days at most." Lady Stark looked down sadly before looking up and smiling at the child who smiled back.
"So, will Robb step in as Lord?" She asked, and Catelyn nodded. "He will make a good Lord." This made Catelyn grin, and you could tell she was very proud of her son.

Seren and Catelyn were sat in the room with Bran again the following morning, when Jon came into the room. They both looked up, startled by the young man.
"I came to say goodbye to Bran." He explained, and Seren gave him a small smile.
"You've said it." Catelyn stated bluntly, and the tension became very apparent. Jon ignored her and moved to Bran's bedside.
"I wish I could be here when you wake up, I'm going north with uncle benjen. I'm taking the black. I know we always talked about seeing the wall together but you'll be able to come visit me at castle black when you're better. I'll know my way around by then; I'll be a sworn brother of the night's watch. We can go out walking beyond the wall if you're not afraid."
Catelyn glared at him while he said his peace before she spoke.
"I want you to leave." Catelyn said, and Jon left.
"Wait, Jon!" Seren ran after him, while Ned walked into the room to talk to Catelyn.

Jon turned around and was caught by surprise when she pulled him into a hug.
"You've been nothing but kind to me while I've been here so I want to thank you for that. You'll be great warrior, and you deserve to have somewhere where you belong. I hope they treat you well." Seren stepped back and gave him a smile. He smiled back and they both said their goodbyes and they both went down to the courtyard where they went their separate ways.

"Seren!" Sansa shouted from across the courtyard before running over. They both hugged each other tightly.
"I'm going to miss you so much, but you're going to have an amazing time in the king's landing." Seren stated, and Sansa grinned to herself.
"Well, I'm really excited but I will miss everyone. But it's where all the ladies go, so I guess it's where I belong." She explained and Seren laughed.
"And you fancy that prince." Sansa blushed at the younger girl's statement but didn't deny it.

When Sansa left to go back to Joffrey, Seren spotted Arya and ran over to her. They shared a quick hug before saying there goodbyes.
"I don't want to leave Seren, I'm no lady. I'll miss all my friends and I hate Prince Joffrey." Arya rambled and Seren giggled.
"At least you'll be able to show those stuck up nobles how to really act." Arya grinned at this statement and hugged Seren again tighter this time.
"I'm going to miss you, you've been a good friend." Seren teared up a bit.
"You've been a better one, but don't worry since I'll be back to visit soon. Once the nobles realise what I'm really like and get sick of me." They both laughed before having to part ways.

Finally, she said goodbye to Lord Stark.
"Good luck, my lord. Hopefully you will enjoy king's landing."
Ned belly laughed and gave her a comforting pat on the back.
"No body ever enjoys King's landing, but it's the thought that counts." He whispered to her playfully and she snorted before quickly covering her mouth. "Look after Bran for me while I'm gone, Seren."
"I'll always look after Bran." Seren promised.

Not long after, the royals left along with Ned, the girls and Jon. As soon as they had left through the gates, there was a feeling of emptiness. Seren pushed this thought to the back of her head and returned to Bran's room.