Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Jordi

Waking up, I checked the time and groaned. I didn't want to get up for school. I was so comfortable after finally falling asleep sometime in the early hours of the morning. It felt like I only slept for twenty minutes.

The reason for that would be Alex, my stupid wolf.

He's been so anxious lately and I have no idea why. It feels like he's been jumping around in the walls of my head, and I was honestly getting very annoyed with him. It's not like I don't have enough to deal with already. Being the Alpha of the Dawn Eclipse pack was hard work. Especially when I'm juggling that with being a senior in high school.

"Jordi! Get your ass down here! We're gonna be late." Taylor, my beta, or second in command, screamed at me from downstairs. He was my bestfriend, but damn, he could be annoying.

Quickly jumping in the shower, I washed my hair and body. After rinsing, I hopped out and brushed my teeth. Now, smelling clean and minty, I took my time pulling on my dark blue jeans and tight gray v-neck.

It wasn't like I would even get in trouble for being late. I was the Alpha after all. And the office ladies at school knew that. After all, it was an all werewolf school. My pack shared it with our two neighboring packs. It was strictly for the three packs and that was it. The only humans who were allowed to attend J. Deville High School were the mates of the pack members. And that's only because they knew about our world.

Taking the last step on the staircase, I reached the kitchen, where Taylor was so patiently waiting. He had a scowl on his face when he looked away from my father, who was probably cooking breakfast for some of the older pack members, and towards me.

"Let's go, we're gonna be late." He mumbled and picked up his schoolbag.

"C'mon man, it's not like we're gonna get in trouble. After all, I am the only Alpha who attends the damn school." And I was. The neighboring packs both had alpha's who were older. Maybe in their early thirties.

"Yeah, but that new girl is coming today. We need to be there."

Oh shit. I forgot we had a new girl starting today. "Oh yeah, well then let's go."

Glancing back at my dad, I said a quick goodbye. He looked tired. Ever since my mom passed away from cancer last year, he's been a wreck. That's why I stepped up as alpha. He couldn't handle the pain of his mate, his Luna, and his bestfriend, dying. He completely fell apart when she died. I, of course, did too, but not nearly as bad as him. I was more fit for the alpha position than my dad, considering he didn't leave his room. Her death did take a toll on me, though. It made me stronger. I no longer loved anyone but my family. I guess you can call me heartless, but I don't care. Anyway, I could never imagine the pain he went through, the pain of losing your mate. That's why I didn't want to find mine. I knew I would, eventually, but until then, I'm enjoying being single. I'm not some man-whore who sleeps with everything with a pulse, but I do have the playboy lifestyle. I party, and I drink, and I have had sex before, but only a few times. I told you, I'm not a man-whore.

Pulling up to school, I checked the clock on my radio. It was five minutes before the bell for first period.

Stepping out of the car, I looked around. I didn't see the new girl anywhere and I needed to talk to her. I had no clue who this girl was, what her name was, what she looked like, nothing. All I knew was that she didn't belong to any of the three packs being schooled here. And because of that, I had to make sure she knew not to cause any trouble between the packs or within the packs. I didn't see her anywhere, so I'm assuming she's either not here yet, or is already in the office getting her schedule.

When the bell rang, it startled me. Walking calmly into the building I headed to my first class, English.

-

It may be short, but I'm just starting out. The chapters will get longer as the story goes on.

Please tell me what you think! I'd appreciate it immensely.