The Destiny Of Aleka Desbrough Chapter 4

Hello!!! It has been FOREVER! I know i haven't sent out a chapter in quite a while and I'm sorry. But here it finally is!!! enjoy.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

{CHAPTER FOUR}

He smelled so good. Our lips were centimeters apart when the cabin started to shake. We nearly fell to the ground when we heard screaming. The plane, it wasn't time to land yet. Something is wrong. I look up he was already moving to the door. We exited out of the restroom when we saw it. A man standing near the cockpit, which was open, holding a pistol. He looked up and saw us. He screamed, "Das ausgesuchte man STIRBT!" I had only taken German my freshman and sophomore year and only understood parts of it. I knew he said The______ must die. I'm guessing he was talking about me or Damek. Since he was holding a pistol instead of a steak he was going for me. Great. Just great.

Damek must of known German because he started yelling in German and English. He was saying something about he can't shoot a gun in here, it's an air tight cabin. He was also saying something about how I wasn't even chosen because I wasn't with child. This stuff was so confusing. Finally The man looked so angry he held up the gun and tried to fire. I ducked waiting for the hit, but Damek jumped in front of me, barely fazed when the bullet hit his shoulder. The passengers screamed and started ducking in cover. Damek walked to the man who was still shooting at his direction. It was amazing to see how he could take so many hits. Then I realized it. The bullets were not harming him at all. They were just falling to the ground as the German shot. This has never happened before. Yeah, Vampires are not harmed completely by guns, unless the bullets are silver dipped in holy water, but they do get wounded a bit. He didn't even have a scratch.

Damek grabbed the gun, and twisted breaking the mans fingers. That's goanna hurt in the morning. With one swift kick to face the man was on the ground, passed out. I knew Damek needed the blood, but how can he do that discreetly? The cockpit. I made eye contact with Damek and motioned him to the cockpit. He understood and took the man to the cockpit. I called out to the frightened passengers and made up and excuse, "Um..... Everyone is ok right?" everyone nodded so I continued, " There is no need to panic anymore. This was a test by the government to see how easy it was to sneak a gun on the plane. It was quite easy, as you can tell. The bullets were blanks and the man who stopped him was a federal agent from another country. He didn't know this was a test." I thought for a second and added, "As this was government associated, and broke out into a bigger fight that we expected, we need this to be kept on the down low. We have logged every one on this plane, and have all their background information. If anyone gives any information about this happening, you will be found and face serious consequences. Thank you for your time, and have a great flight."

I exited to the cockpit and entered to Damek ending his meal. It was repulsive, but the German had passed out. I asked Damek what happened and he responded with, "This man told the same story as the one before. It was peculiar because he said it exactly the same, wording and everything." That was weird. So weird in fact I had a cold chill run through my whole body. Something wasn't right here.

I was very nervous about the passengers leaving the flight. I finally sat down to the appointed seat. Damek sat down next to me moments later. I looked at him and spoke quietly, "I told the passengers this was a test and not to tell, but I don't think they will listen. What do we do? We cant let them just leave and tell people."

He thought for a moment and responded, "I know how to erase this from their memory, but I haven't done it in a while. So it might take us a minute." He closed his eyes and concentrated for a long time. He finally opened his eyes and smiled. I gave him a questioning stare and he said, "I did it, but it won't work forever, but they will forget our faces. I am sure of that."

I smile, the unease leaving my body. Things still didn't feel right. I then remember the encounter in the bathroom. I almost kissed him. I almost kissed a monster, and he wanted it. He leaned in as much as I did. We almost kissed.

I then thought about how Damek had saved my life. He stepped in front of a bullet for me.