Two figures from his peripheral vision held still. Watched him.

     Virgil regretted everything leading up to this point. Why'd he engage with whatever Patton turned into? Was shouting that necessary? If they mentioned hearing noise from the 'muted' robot, they'd be done for. Why couldn't—

Why couldn't these people just leave?!

"Out of order." One muttered. "C'mon, it's nothing to worry about."

Heavier footsteps eased out of hearing range, no longer interested in the alarming happenings. The other coworker kept peering into the room, anticipating to catch any further voices.

     He couldn't take it anymore.

The animatronic snapped his head around.

A scrawny teenager froze upon eye contact. He backpedaled, yanked the door shut, and bolted off.

     As if on cue, a dark physique whizzed up from the floor, never letting silence leech into the atmosphere. "Sorry, I didn't know I could to do that."

     Virgil breathed a sigh of relief. Or rather, its emotional equivalence flooded over him.

"Just don't...ever again." He grumbled.

The entity nodded slowly.

There weren't many instances that disturbed the younger one to troubling intensities: but it always led to picking apart words and actions, believing with twisted logic that something was wrong somewhere. No matter how absurd or worrisome his fixations were, the group made an effort to listen and reassure their friend. Although, Logan and Talyn were usually more skilled in consoling him.

     But Virgil wanted to try. Right now, he was the only one who could.

     He treaded lightly on the next question, keeping judgment out of his tone. "Why are you so...mad at Thomas?"

An unwelcome death stare came with the reply. "There's things that don't add up."

The way he phrased it struck a chord in the bionic kid.

     His own mind had an obsession with fabricating irrational dilemmas, that's what Logan called them, but he favored the term 'concerning possibilities'. If inconsistency existed in the night guard's behavior, it pointed towards some adverse possibility. It justified every paranoid thought towards Thomas.

Here lay an opportunity to prove one of his anxieties correct. Or debunk it entirely.

     An opportunity to simply know.

The animatronic raised an eyebrow. "Okay...what kind of things?"

"Like, oh, I dunno—him giving me a controlled shock."

     His world spun to a halt.

The bluntness of it skewered through him quicker than his mind could care to process.