Chapter 1: Bachelors

Start from the beginning

Well, that's to be expected, since she's fourth Kazekage's daughter and fifth Kazekage's sister.

"Have you ever thought that other guys may fancy her?"

Shikamaru never really thought of that. Probably because he himself was never that much into girls. But not everyone out there was like that. Most of the guys will go crazy about attractive girls, especially someone as popular.

Some kind of cold sluggish feeling woke up down in his stomach. 'It's probably just the alcohol.' Shikamaru thought, trying to explain this unsettling sensation to himself.

"Have you ever thought how the other guys look at her?"

Shikamaru better than anyone knew that Temari preferred shorter clothes mostly due to its convenience rather than hot weather in the Sand. When it comes together with a beautiful body, there's no stopping a guy's imagination. That one fact Shikamaru experienced himself. And yet he forgot that the others might just do the same...

The unsettling feeling started to move its way up. There was no blaming alcohol now.

"Have you ever thought that she might have another boyfriend there?"

Shikamaru froze, and so did the beast inside him. That wasn't true. There was no way it could be. The reasonable part of his mind tried to shout out to his senses, but there was no use. Shikamaru felt his insides starting to boil.

"Not that I know about it. She only told me about you when you got engaged."

"Wha?.."

"I just hear guys talking, you know. Even the youngsters would gladly take your place, you know that? Half of my squad will give anything to have her, and the other half is secretly planning to sabotage the wedding."

"What a drag..." Shikamaru said calming down. It was just alcohol messing with his emotions, no doubt about that.

"So yeah, guys of the whole Hidden Sand are crying right now. If the girls are crazy about Gaara, all the guys will be ready to die for Temari.."

"What about you then?" Shikamaru never thought about it before either. Being the middle brother sure is tough. Especially when the other two siblings are this outstanding. The groom was kind of happy that he is the only child.

"Shut up!" Kankurou next glass he finished in one go.

'That can't be good...' Shikamaru thought watching future brother in law pulling that stunt. 'I'll give him a minute or so.'

"Why would she reject every guy in the Hidden Sand for you?" Said Kankurou and fell on the table. "Why it had to be you?.." he mumbled passing out.

'So, I guess the party is over...' the groom looked around. Maybe some of these sleeping bodies will wake up sober enough to carry unconscious ones back home or their hotel rooms.

"What a drag..."

On his way to the hotel, Shikamaru realized he drank too much. It wasn't just walking straight that was difficult, but walking in general. The whole world was spinning and shaking. Barely conscious Kankurou, whom the groom had to drag back to the Kazekage's hotel room, only made this task harder. The guy couldn't stand, was constantly mumbling about some guys back in the Sand and had no desire to fight the urge to fall and sleep right in the middle of the road.

Plus, Kankurou was heavy.

Gaara with his gourd will probably weight less than this guy, let alone Temari...

Speaking of, weren't the girls also gathering for a bachelorette party? Is she even back? Well, Gaara will probably be there, since he escaped before the party even started.