Chapter 14

Peter burst through the elevator and scanned the sitting room. Everything seemed to be normal. He must not be here yet. He walked further into the room and saw all of the Avengers were sitting down. Nothing was on the tv. And they did not look happy...

"Nice for you to show up..." Steve was glaring at him. "There are some things we need to discuss young man..."

"Um yeah..." he kept glancing around the room waiting for something to happen. "I'm not exactly sure why you are mad at me, but I promise I can explain it later. At the moment something has kind of sprung up..."

"No." Steve stood up "We are talking about this right now. I have tried to be patient. I know you are a teenager, and you're under a lot of stress. But I will not tolerate you lying to me."

"Ok, which lie are we talking about?" they all glared at him "Not that I've lied more than once or anything, I just want to clarify..."

"How about the fact that you hacked into Jarvis and replaced certain clips of video?" Tony asked.

Peter's mouth formed an 'O' "Oh... that one... ok yeah, that is going to take a TON of explaining, and I really cannot do that at the moment... you haven't seen anything... weird... around the tower have you? Like maybe... I don't know... explosives...?" he continued to search the room as the others watched him in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Steve shook his head "No, you're just trying to distract me! Back to what I was saying..."

Suddenly Peter's Spidey Sense went off. "Get down!" he pushed Steve out of the way right as something came flying through the window.

"Hey, Pedro... long time no see..."

Peter glared at him "Look, I know you were going for the whole 'dramatic entrance thingy' but what did that window ever do to you?!"

He took a jab at him with his wing, but Peter flipped out of the way. "I have been waiting for this day for so long..." he shot at him with some kind of ray, but Peter expertly dodged every blast.

"Look, I'd love catching up on old times, but I was kind of in the middle of something..." he jumped behind the couch as he charged an attack.

The Avengers took this moment for their turn to attack. Toomes laughed "Well Parker, I'm glad to see you've come to letting people fight your battles for you. I must say, that is very pathetic..."

"No, I haven't... but I don't mind using them as a distraction..." he seemingly jumped out of nowhere and landed on Toomes back. The two wrestled on the ground as the Avengers tried to help with no avail.

Toomes finally lifted Peter up and threw him into a wall. A hit that should have knocked a normal person out, but Peter just shook it off. Tony just gapped between the two of them "Who is this guy?!"

Peter shrugged "He's my ex-girlfriend's dad..." he then jumped at Toomes again. The Avengers tried to stop him, but surprisingly he seemed to be holding his own. "By the way, how is Liz? Is she enjoying having to move because her dad's a convicted felon?"

Toomes glared at him "If it hadn't been for you I never would have been caught in the first place and Liz wouldn't have had to suffer!"

"You are a criminal!" he yelled "And it's my job to stop people like you!" the Avengers were very confused at this point.

Toomes smirked "Oh you mean... people like... Electro? And Doctor Octopus? And Rhino?" Peter gaped at him "What about Mysterio? Or Sand Man? Because of all of them? I control them. I used them as distractions to help aid in my escape. Once again, your actions have made things worse."