Sadayo Kawakami (Persona 5)

Sadayo Kawakami

Persona 5

Non-Lemon

So, seeing as how this is my third Persona 5 chapter, and I'm more than likely going to post more in the future, I'm probably going to copy these chapters onto their own book with additional chapters and characters, what do you guys think?

To see within oneself the essence of a teacher is a truly remarkable thing, as to be able to patiently teach the youth of the world about the complexities of life is a skill reserved for the most preserving of humans, a trait rarely found, and even more so rarely appreciated.

You had the straight goal of becoming an international teacher, an odd thing to work towards, but a goal is a goal.

You worked through your degrees, passing with renown not heard of before your arrival, and quickly found employment in Japan, Tokyo to be exact, at the prestigious Shujin Academy as a literature teacher with a specialization in the works of H.P. Lovecraft

Don't know who H.P. Lovecraft is? Look him up, the dude was a great horror writer!

Your first few days were odd to say the least, as your students was a mixed bag of personalities and a random cat that appeared to interact with the students, your love for animals allowed the furry friend to come and go as he pleased.

One day, you could have sworn you heard the cat talk, but it was probably just your imagination.

As the days went on, your students began to admire you more and more for your laid back personality and sympathetic efforts to aid students in their individual problems, a trait that was also admired by the school staff...except the physical education teacher, Kamoshida.

Kamoshida was a special kind of cruel, his demeanor against his students only eclipsed only by the treatment of his female students, how he reeked of toxic masculinity and insecurities.

You both had a deep hatred for each other, and went out of your way to protect your students from him, even having him reprimanded by the principal on a number of occasions.

On one day in particular, you cane to blows with Kamoshida, after you delivered proof of his unacceptable behavior with his students to the principal, and as a precaution, the police.

You were studying the H.P. Lovecraft story "Shadow Over Innsmouth" when Kamoshida stormed in, nearly taking the classroom door down as he charged in.

Kamoshida: You snitch! I'm going to jail because of you!

Before you offered a response, you ushered Kamoshida into the hall as to not bother your students, where he continued his enraged rants.

Kamoshida: Everything I've got is down the drain because of you! Who do you think you are!?

You: The literature teacher who doesn't harass his students. Is it really this hard for you to understand how inappropriate your behavior is?

Kamoshida: Don't criticize me!

You: Oh? Who would have thought that you were sensitive to criticism.

Kamoshida looked at you with an untold rage.

Then suddenly, Kamoshida pulled his arm back in an attempt to strike you.

Thankfully, you were trained in jujitsu, and quickly sent Kamoshida to the ground with his arm in your lock.

The nearby school staff quickly rushed over to see what had happened.

You: Call the police, have this 'thing' taken off school grounds.

Some time later, the authorities took Kamoshida away in handcuffs, and after answering the many questions they had, retired to your classroom to collect your things.

While gathering your belongings, you heard a knock at your door, and opened it to see Sadayo, your coworker and good friend at the door.

Sadayo seemed mildly aggravated, and entered your classroom with a pouted demeanor.

You: I assume you are here due to the earlier 'upset'.

Sadayo: Upset? Is that what you call it? You got into a fight with Kamoshida in the middle of the hallway.

You: I wasn't hurt...and sadly, Kamoshida was relatively unharmed.

Sadayo: You're missing the point entirely, you could have been hurt or arrested.

You: I had already taken my findings of Kamoshida's behavior to the police, I was safe in both body and law.

Sadayo: So with that in mind you decide to fight him in the hallway?

You: He approaches me on my classroom, I had to do what I did in order to safeguard my students.

Sadayo leaned against your desk in apparent disbelief.

Sadayo: You're unbelievable...you put yourself in the line of Fire for your students. There is no way you're that noble.

You leaned on your desk next to Sadayo, and after a moment of silence spoke up.

You: I make a promise to myself everyday you know, to ensure I help a student in some way or form. I want my students to succeed at a school that they are safe at, if I must risk myself, then so be it. Even if it takes me to the mountains of madness or the forgotten cities beneath the sea.

Sadayo looked at you with a look of mild understanding.

Sadayo: Wow...you really are a good person.

You: Im not certain of a good person, but I do wish to be a good teacher.

Sadayo: So far, I think you are good at both.

Sadayo put her hand on yours, and a light blush cane over both of you.

You always playfully flirted with Sadayo, as she did you, but never suspected that she had feelings for you...or you her.

Sadayo got off your desk to and went to the door, trying to cover her blush.

Sadayo: Sorry for jumping to conclusions, see you tomorrow?

You: Actually...

You stood up from your desk.

You: Would you like to get a drink? I know a bar with a beautiful view of the city.

Sadayo thought for a moment.

Sadayo: Yes, I would love too.

You felt an encroaching sense of excitement in your person, and turned to get your coat.

You held the school front door open for Sadayo as you both left for the bar, not noticing that cat you had known with your students watching you with a smile.