Y/N cursed through her teeth as a guy with obnoxiously colorful "1970" glasses sat on the couch next to her. "You alright?"

"Th' fuck you want?" Y/N eyed him, annoyance evident in her eyes.

"Sorry, didn't mean to piss you off. You looked quite unhappy so I figured I'd ask what's wrong."

Y/N rolled her eyes and sat up from her slouching position. "My boyfriend left me for another girl. Saw him kissin' 'er in the kitchen. Now I'm here, drownin' my feelings in alcohol."

"Oh, don't do that. That's not good for your health. Anyway, I'm Robert, and I came without a date." A crooked smile fell on his mouth as he pulled the empty glass from her shaking fingers.

Y/N struggled to put two and two together, unable to see the fact that Robert had been attempting to hitting on her whilst also somewhat high. "I'm, uh, I'm Y/N."

"Nice to meet you." Robert nodded kindly, the smile growing slightly.

"What's up with your stupid glasses?" Y/N joked, leaning over him completely to grab the cardboard glasses from his nose.

"Oh," Robert said, leaning a bit back from her sudden lunge forward. "Something I picked up at a store, you want 'em?"

"Yeahhh, they have cool colors. Put 'em on me." Y/N said, shoving her face forward and pulling her now messy hair out of her face for Robert to place the glasses on her nose. "Ah, I can see so much better!"

"There's no lenses in them, love." Robert warned, holding back a snicker and brushing curly blonde locks out of his eyes.

"Your hair is so pretty, so fluffy, can I touch it?"

"I-"

Y/N's fingers reached for Robert's hair before he could finish his protest. Her touch began at his scalp, her nails scratching just the lightest part of his hair, letting her fingers run all the way through his golden blonde hair. He smiled warmly at the gesture, enjoying it more than he thought he would.

"Can I kiss you?" Y/N asked, her eyes darting from his lips to his welcoming eyes.

Robert's eyes wandered around, looking for a clock to see what time the clock read. Two minutes until midnight. "Wait a minute, my love, wait until midnight."

"I don't wanna wait that long," Y/N whined, her hand reaching for Robert's knee.

"It's only two minutes, less than that now." Robert extended a hand atop Y/N's, his finger caressing the top of her smooth skin.

Y/N displayed a frown on her mouth, looking scornfully at Robert with pouty lips. "How long now?"

"One more minute. Less than sixty seconds. Can you count to sixty?"

"Yeah, I'm like, twenty-five or something, I'm old enough. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen... has it been sixty yet?"

Robert chuckled at her drunken counting, smirking and telling her, "Nope, you've still got 47 seconds."

"I thought I got sixty? It's been sixty now, right?" Y/N asked as people began chanting 10! 9! 8!

"Few more seconds, get your lips ready, love."

Y/N pushed her lips out obnoxiously as the counting reached 3, their faces lingering just inches apart.

"One! Happy New Year!" shouted loud by hundreds.

Robert moved in towards Y/N, Y/N allowing Robert access into her mouth as his tongue traced her bottom lip slowly. Y/N placed her weak hand on Robert's bare shoulder as he cupped her jaw ever-so softly. Pulling back for breaths, they shared a smile and deep red blush.

Y/N licked the surface of her teeth, showing a toothy grin. "Thank you." And like a miracle, she almost immediately fell sober.

"Thank you."

"No, really, thank you. It made my night. Or, morning, now."

"And you think it didn't make mine? Come here." Robert copied, reattaching their lips and recreating smiles that would last for nights to come.

~hi everyone! how was this? I kinda struggled to write it because I felt like I focused too much on the boyfriend at first, but I'm kinda liking the ending oops. but I also feel as if it was rushed. anywayyyy prompt credits go to moreofthatrock , thank you for the submission! send submissions through DMs.