1

A man approached the mountain, glaring upward towards the beating sun. He watched entranced as a whale fell from the sky. The man used a hand to shield in his face from the bright sun.

As he looked closer, he saw that it was indeed a whale, much to his dismay. "Seriously" he thought, "this is the third time this week". He walked towards the whale and said "Hey there Marco. Need some help to go up again?". The whale took the proposal and the man kicked it.

In a flash the whale slowly transformed back into a man. "Ugh!", Marco shook his head violently, "that was not what I had planned". Marco winced as the man helped him up, "was that really necessary Adam?".

"Not really, but it made me feel better". Adam gave him a familiar sly smile. "I need your help Marco. I've been unable to turn into a whale for five months", Adam says. Marco stared at his friend for a long moment before bursting out laughing. Adam glared "Oh shut up. At least I'm not the one who was trapped as a whale when he was trying to turn into a bird. How were you the best shifter in our year?".

"Um....... Luck?"

Adam rolled his eyes, but couldn't help but smile. It was ironic really. How the lonely young boy he wlonce was, blessed with magic, would soon become best friends with the boy destined to be a shapeshifter.

Words 245