Memories Lost pt 1

Start from the beginning

Cassandra's patience for reading and writing had long ago ran out and the only time she would visit was during the nights when Bruce tried to get some rest. He had heard the frustration and the pleading in her voice that she needed his help, that she was lost and didn't know what to do and was scared of the darkness that was around her.

Tim was so deep in that same darkness that he had started to cut himself and while Jason had done the best he could to make his little brother stop, he soon lead him to Bruce, knowing that he was the only one right now who could keep the teen grounded. Stephanie had been written off as a problem child, failed most of her tests and no one seemed to understand the pain she felt seeing her self proclaimed brother in the hospital, she had also argued with her mother so many times she had packed most of her things and shyly picked a room at the manor.

Bruce covered his face in despair. The one who had created their dysfunctional and crazy, but loving family, the one who had saved them all from the darkest points of their lives and kept them sane...

It was Dick the whole time.

If he was given a Blue Lantern ring no one would stand a chance. Gods, villains, or death.

"Mr Wayne...We have studied your son's x-rays, CAT scans and...We really can't tell when he'll wake up but we have seen the damage that is left from a head injury like this and it's pretty clear to tell that he might have memory loss but hopefully seeing you when he wakes up will jog some of them free," a nurse explained as she changed the I.V and made sure the machines were set right before dimming the lights a bit and left.

Bruce reached for his phone and asked Jason if they were all in the same room and sitting down, his reply was yes and so he gave them the news. Of the coma, the possible loss of memory and the uncertainty of him waking up. He asked them to stay strong and help each other.

The JLA had tried calling and finally Superman had flown to Gotham only to encounter Red Hood, looking pale and red eyed. With a rough voice Superman was filled in on the Bats absence and so non meta heroes had volunteered to help them patrol Gotham. No one went to the hospital however.

"Sir it's pointless to keep the boy alive! Just give up and move on."

"Do you have kids?"

"Yes and-"

"Would you murder them if they were in a coma?"

"....."

Bruce was left alone again and took Dick's hand, gently rubbing the back of it with his thumb and used his other one to stroke Dick's cheek, forehead and then his hand ran through those raven locks, hoping the movement would help his son.

~3 weeks later~

No changes.

Dick was still in coma and Bruce had gone to W-E. Jason and Cass were on watch duty and tried to pass the time teaching Cass reading. Sometimes they would take a break and watch their brother, recalling old memories and asked each other what they would do when he woke up.

Some of Dick's friends had found the courage to visit but they never stayed long. Until Wally showed up.

He asked what he had done this time and just scoffed when he heard how many weeks it had been since they found Dick. "Why are you keeping him here? Just press the button and - ARGH!"