they also installed cameras in the corners of the store.

minho picked up the things he needed and put them up front. "oh hey," the man working there commented.

minho got out his money as the man continued to speak. "you were with that boy that day, right? how is he?" the man asked, scanning the items.

minho nodded. "yeah i was.. he's doing great now." minho smiled politely as he paid for his items

"i'm glad to hear!" he accepted the money and bagged his items and gave the change back. "i hope he continues to be alright." the man smiled, and minho bowed slightly.

"thank you." he bowed once more before turning and leaving the store.

it had gotten more chilly through the time he started walking back home.

the weather had been continuously iffy. it was mostly chilly with rare hot days, and it got dark quickly, but minho always preferred the colder days over the hot ones.

he put his music back on, blasting whatever song would pop up. and just in time while his phone was in his hand he felt his phone buzz in his hand.

jisung: babye
are you home yet
babe :((

jisung: i miss you
you've been gone for too long!!! >:(
UNACCEPTABLE.
i need you in exactly ten seconds

minho read the messages, walking slower as he typed a reply, smiling like an idiot.

minho: it's only been ten minutes baby
i'm currently walking back now~~
let me take a break tho bc i got a snack and im starving

minho looked and found a bench, sitting down and placing the bag right next to him.

jisung: fine.
i change my time to five minutes before i absolutely LOSE my marbles.
it sucks being here without u bc im literally in a house that's full of u 🥺
so hurry up bitch b4 u catch these hands 🥵✊

minho: oh my god you're so UGHLAY.
of course i'll be home soon 💝
i'm eating bread then i'll be there~

minho grinned sheepishly at his phone, putting it down and finally opening the bag on his side.

he took out the banana bread he bought and unwrapped it, leaning back into the bench.

as he started eating he noticed how late it must have been, because no one was out driving today.

everyone tends to be inside at 10:00 pm, as if it were a curfew. however minho always used to go out late- even before he moved here.

he nodded his head to the loud song playing through his earbuds and took the last bite, before tossing the wrapper out.

he quickly texted jisung that he was on his way back, before he started walking once more.

he went to reply to him once more- however he couldn't get to it once he immediately noticed something scurry by him.

he saw it in his peripheral vision, and he quickly turned around to see nothing.

he narrowed his eyes and slowly put his phone back and took out his music.

the figure seemed to run behind a building, which meant that it was between the two structures.

"who are you?" minho didn't hesitate. he knew something was weird ever since he put together that there was someone outside his house.

and ever since then he hadn't felt comfortable.

at this point he was annoyed, not scared by any means.

the person didn't reply to him, so instead he began to approach the slight alleyway between these two buildings.

"i'm gonna ask one more time, who are you and why have you been following me?" minho furrowed his eyebrows, as he came closer.

however just as he turned the corner, getting ready to defend himself from whoever had been following him- no one was there.

"..what?" minho looked down the alley and saw no one.

his eyes went wide the moment he felt something come up from behind him- immediately he tried to trip the person standing there but all he felt was a shooting pain throughout his head.

"shit!" he cursed as he fell to the floor, hand holding his head which he was sure had to be bleeding.

with a pained expression he looked up to whoever the hell just hit him, eyes focusing on the man slowly.

a large smile was plastered on his face, as he started to laugh. "hey minho."

it took minho a minute to realize who exactly he was looking at.

"jiho?"