Beast High 6

-Shar's POV-

I wake up to the smell of buttermilk pancakes-my favorite! I push the blanket off me, but as soon as my feet touch the ground, I knew something was wrong. The ground was... Soft.

Not unlike the tiles I had put for my living room.

I open my eyes and I see... The ocean. My head spins around. I'm in my bedroom. How did I...?

 I sprint to the kitchen, where I find Blair flipping a golden brown pancake and humming to Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat on the radio. I clear my throat but she keeps on flipping the pancake.

Did she hear me?

"Pancakes will be ready in a sec. Sit down. She still isn't turning around. I sit down on the small bar stool and lean on the bar that's separating me and her. Where'd she get that red tank top? She continues to hum, occasionally breaking out into song. Her voice's real sweet. She finishes the pancake and puts it on a plate, that had a pretty big pile already. She hands the pile to me, and a bottle of syrup. I grin. It smells really good. I lick my lips and she laughs, as she takes the apron off. I pour a good helping onto my pile and dig in.

"I got some questions." I ask her, but it probably sounded like "I ot um queftionz"

She laughs and shakes her head. "I don't understand what you're saying!" She says, in between chuckles.

I shake my head and swallow. "First off. Did you move me?"

She blushes and nods. Damn, that's cute.

"Okay. Did you sleep in the bed?" With me?

Her eyes wander off to the window, where she could see the sea clearly.

"No, I moved you after I woke up."

"Oh. Where'd you get the tank?"

Her head turns to me, her face scrunched up in confusion. "What tank?"

I pointed my fork at her shirt.

 She looks down and blushes. "My friend, who lives around here borrowed it to me."

"A friend? Y'mean the one who blew you off for her boyfriend? She feeling guilty or somethin'?"

She glances at me sharply. "Aleta's my best friend! In fact, she almost blew her boyfriend off for me, but I stopped her. It's really rare that her father even allows her to bring her boyfriend around, let alone let her go to his house! This was... an exception. Understand?"

I nod and go back to attacking my pancakes. Maybe I misjudged her friends. Whatever. Doesn't matter. As long as she doesn't find out.

After a few minutes she opened her mouth. "Are we gonna go to school together?"

I blink. What? I repeat my question again, out loud this time.

"We could, y'know. Car pool. With Aleta and Zack."

"Oh. Well, uh. Sure."

She smiles, a big toothy grin. I smile back at her and finish off my pancakes while she runs to the beach.

When I was done getting ready, I found Blair and Aleta laughing and clutching their stomachs at a black haired guy that was lying face up on the sand below. I cleared my throat and Blair turns to me. Her smile is so... pretty.

 "What's so funny?" I ask her.

"Zack," she laughs, pointing at the guy that was lying on the sand. I waved and he waved back, a little gesture that probably hurt, judging from his wince.