Jealousy is a fickle thing

Comenzar desde el principio

Isabella’s father saw Michael’s eyes instantly darken. He smiled.

“Good. He’s doing well. Says he misses you and wants to come visit. Since your mother is planning an engagement party in two months and he owns a few hotels, I thought it would be great for him to come here and stay with us and help your mother with a few things.”

 “That’s great Daddy! Where would he be staying at?”

“Here of course. He will arrive within a week.”

“That’s great Daddy! Shall I help the staff prepare for his arrival?” What was he royalty, thought Michael.

“Honey, I think it’s best to leave the staff to do it,” said her mother nervously. She saw Michael frowning and didn’t want to upset him further.

“Nonsense my dear, “said her father smirking, he too saw Michael’s frown deepen, “she knows him best. Why not let her do it? She has to learn to be a hostess anyways. Once she’s married to Michael she will have to do this for their guests.”

Isabella frowned. Good, thought her father, something for Michael to think about.

“Of course father,” she said reluctantly, “Mother, he’s right this is something I will have to do soon.”

“You will have to excuse me, “said Michael abruptly.

“Dear, you have hardly eaten, “said Isabella’s mother.

“I am not very hungry.” And with that he left the dining room.

Weird, thought Isabella.  She put him out of mind and thought of what she would prepare for Roger.  She also got up from the table, as she had finished her meal, and walked out. She was walking near the library, when she was suddenly pulled in by pair of rough hands.

Michael pulled Isabella in the library and looked at her frightened face. Good, let her be frightened. He just couldn’t get over how she had instantly lit up when her father just mentioned the name of that guy, Roger.  Why would she light up so quickly? Was there something going on between them two?  He was not going to allow it. Isabella was his.

“Where are you going to, love? Are you so desperate to start preparing for your friend?”

“What are you trying to insinuate Michael?”

For some reason, whichever it was, the way she said his name made him have to suppress a shiver. Not out of fear, no. It was something else entirely.

“Nothing, my dear,” he said sweetly, “What could I possibly be trying to insinuate, love?

“I do not know, Michael, “She said with narrowed eyes, “To me it seemed like you were trying to accuse me of something.”

“Now why would I do that, my dear, “he said as he grabbed her wrist.  Delicate, he thought, what a delicate wrist.

“You tell me Michael. I do not have the same mind as you. Always thinking something completely out of context.”

 “Do I, “he asked not really hearing her. He was starting to back her in to a wall without her noticing. She was too busy trying to figure him out. Good, he thought, let her try.