Chapter One

"Sunshine, time to wake up. You gotta go to school," my dad said kissing my head and bringing me my coffee and bagel. It was 6 a.m. and I REALLY wasn't thriving. Despite my grogginess and the fact that I was way too tired for school, I grabbed my coffee, and began getting ready. It was a Monday, so that made it ten times worse.
I ate my bagel and drank my coffee and got in the shower. I decided to conserve water and time and brush my teeth while I was in the shower. I got out and stuck my hand outside of my window to check the temperature. It was still relatively warm in Hawkins considering it was October. I would do anything to keep my jacket away! I decided to go with an outfit that I thought was comfortable and cute.

(Outfit)
After I was done in the bathroom, I went into my room and did my hair and makeup.

(Hair/Makeup) I grabbed my bag, and headed downstairs once I had everything

(Hair/Makeup)
I grabbed my bag, and headed downstairs once I had everything.
"Alright kiddo, let's roll out," my dad said grabbing his keys and ushering me out the door.
"Dad, do you really have to drive me to school? I'm 16, I can walk on my own. The school isn't that far," I said annoyed.
He chuckled,"(Y/N), I'm going to drive you to school whenever I get the chance. In a matter of a couple years, you're leaving me and going to college. Or you could go into the academy and I could be your teacher to help you follow in daddy's footsteps?"
My father always wanted me to be a cop like him. When my mother was alive, he wanted me to be a nurse. My mother was amazing. She worked at a hospital here in Hawkins and saved lives almost every single day. I took pride in my mother's job. She would always come home with stories of what she was doing at work that day. That was before we found out how bad the cancer was. We caught it too late. She died of breast cancer. Her birthday is coming up and my father and I every year watch old videos of all of us. This year, my father has to work the night shift, so I'll be alone. I can see if I can take up a shift at the arcade, but I don't know if they have an open slot for me to work. My mother's birthday is on Halloween, so maybe I'll just sit home and eat some candy.
The rest of the car ride was somewhat silent with just some light music on the radio. He pulled up to the school and dropped me off.
"Love you, dad," I said climbing out of the car.
My dad gave me a high five as he usually did and said,"Love you too, sweetheart. I'm gonna be working a little late today, so just get dinner started and I should be home around 7 or 8, okay?"
I replied,"Alright, bye!"
I walked fast, but made sure to watch and make sure my dad was leaving. He tends to linger sometimes to make sure I get in okay, but he left ON TIME! Thank the lord. Just as my dad pulled out, I saw a blue 1979 Camaro speed into the parking lot with...California plates? Damn, this douche isn't from around here. I continued walking, trying not to look back to see his face. I would love to make a new friend, but with a car like that and all that careless driving, I highly doubt he's even remotely interested in a girl like me.
I continued on to my first period class which of course was geometry. Could my life literally get any worse? I walk in and head to my usual seat, front row closest to the door with a whole row open behind me. I grab my notebook and a pencil from my bag as well as the homework from that weekend.
The bell is about to ring, all the students are filing in, and I'm sitting here like a fucking teacher's pet. Fuck, Mr. Destefano is such a dick sometimes. Don't get me wrong, our teacher's a total babe and all, but that's the only reason I pay attention in this damn class. If he taught LITERALLY anything else, I would 100% investigate this man's personal life. He's just so perfect with his light blue eyes, perfect skin, and beautiful brown hair. He's married with a wife and three children; Angelique, Luna, and Toby. Oh damn, here he comes. Class is now in session.

(Mr

(Mr. Destefano)
Mr. Destefano walked in and closed the door,"Alright, class, that was the bell. Time to do some geometry. Now, before we get started, I have a little joke for you guys. What did the triangle say to the circle? He said 'You're pointless'! Isn't that hilarious?" The whole class was silent. "Well, that's just a little dad humor for the morning. Now, who's got homework? Pass it up!"
As Mr. Destefano is collecting the homework, a tallish, handsome guy with a curly blonde mullet walks in the room wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, a jean jacket, and black boots. Could this be the California guy from earlier? If he is, he's kinda hot.
"May I help you, sir?" Mr. Destefano asks collecting my paper from me.
"Yeah, are you Mr. Destefano?" the handsome stranger asks.
He goes over to him,"Why yes I am, how my I help you?"
"I'm Billy Hargrove, I'm your new student," he says very respectful surprisingly.
"Oh, yes! I almost forgot! Class, we do have a new student. Billy, why don't you introduce yourself and tell us one thing about you!" Mr. Destefano said.
Billy sighed,"Ugh, my name's Billy Hargrove, and I will kick your ass if you fuck with me."
Mr. Destefano had a look on his face of disbelief, "Okay, Billy, you sit right behind Miss Callahan over there."
Billy spotted me and his expression changed from annoyed to slightly charming. He walked over and I immediately smelled the smoke on him as well as an intoxicating cologne. I couldn't quite figure out the scent, but I knew it was seductive.
He gave me a smile, and sat in the seat behind me. He tapped on my shoulder and said, "This should be a fine year sitting behind you, honey. Do you have a pencil I can borrow?"
I nodded and handed him the pencil from my desk. He winked at me and bit his lip, and began writing on a piece of paper he had. I turned back around and had the hardest blush on my face that I just couldn't hide.
About half way through the lesson, the bell rang, and everyone rushed out of the room. I went to get up, and Billy handed me a note.
It said:
"Miss Callahan, You are an absolute beauty. I still have your pencil though, so if you want it back, meet me at the arcade after school. I'll be waiting by Centipede. See you then sweetheart.♡ Billy Hagrove"
Wait! I'm working after school! I'll be at the arcade anyway! Oh man, a hot guy like that telling me to meet him somewhere...that could be trouble!