I'M SORRY!! PART 4

Start from the beginning

"Ok ok, only one, OK?" Tay took the booze from New's hand and earned a bright smile from the other.

"Thank you"

"Idiot" the elder replied and drank the beer silently. New followed him.

Once they finished drinking, New's head became even more jumbled up. He was already drunk by now because he had been drinking with Pete all along in the office before. Tay wasn't drunk but he was feeling a bit tipsy as he was a light drinker. He then looked at New, who had his face hidden in between his arms.

"Hey, Hin, are you ok?" Tay asked, but New didn't respond. "Hey" He kept calling but the younger didn't answer him back.

The elder male then got up from his seat and walked towards New who had his head still hidden on his arms, and just went and sat beside the other. "Hin, look at me" Tay shook New's shoulder, but the other didn't look up. "Hey" he kept shaking and New looked up slowly from his postures.

When Tay saw that, he tightened his grip on New's shoulder. "Are you ok?" He asked again, but New didn't reply back. He was just sitting blankly with his sucked up face.

"Hin, you wanted to talk to me right? So, what is it?" The elder asked, nudging gently on New's shoulder.

The younger gently looked at Tay, but looked away again. The elder could see the turmoil in younger's eyes and he looked confused.

"What is it? Talk to me" Tay pressed New to talk.

But the younger male was still sitting blankly. He looked at Tay and tried to look away again, but the elder cupped his face and didn't allow New to turn his face away again.

"You have to tell me what's wrong. Why are you being like this?" The elder couldn't take it anymore. He could still see New sitting quietly and that annoyed him. "Hin, talk to me" he started shaking the others shoulder, but stopped, when he heard New mumbling something.

"Why did I fall for him? Why him?"

Tay could hear everything clearly and that made his eyes go wide. His hands slowly slipped away from New's shoulder and sat quietly beside the other.

What was New talking about?

"Hin.... by any chance, are you in love with someone?" He then asked, sounding bit off.

New looked startled. He gulped when he saw Tay looking at him seriously. He didn't know himself whether he was in love or it was just an infatuation for that person. But, he knew that he simply liked that person.

"Is that the guy from before, you like?" Tay asked, startling the younger male again.

New looked at Tay almost immediately and saw the hurt look on his bestfriends eyes, but he couldn't say anything. He went speechless. How did Tay...?

But New's thought got interrupted when the elder spoke again.. "He's handsome, you have a good eyes Hin" the other smiled sadly.

New went speechless again. Yeah, handsome, but he's with someone else! He thought and felt his head go down looking helpless. Why him? New kept spatting himself. Why couldn't it be someone else other than that person? He thought.

Tay knew that he had lost it when he saw New looking down, silently. He felt hurt because he had loved the other for such a long time. Maybe, God was punishing him for dragging it too long and not telling the younger male how he felt. But now, everything was over. New liked someone else, and, that wasn't him.

~~~~Afternoon, 1. 30 pm~~~~

Pete woke up when he heard something moving near him and gently opened his eyes only to feel it go wide when he saw New smiling at him.

Huh?

Pete almost blurted out, what are you doing here New, but stopped when he saw his boyfriend smiling beautifully at him.

What the hells wrong with your head Pete?" Pete cursed himself. He then looked up and saw Kao looking at him, confused.

"Pete, are you ok? Did I disturb your sleep? You can sleep more if you wan..." but Kao couldn't finish his sentence when Pete pulled him into his embrace.

"I'm ok. Just be here with me" Pete mumbled and kept hugging the other tightly.

Kao smiled. He ruffled Pete's hair and kissed the top of his head. "Ok.

Both the guys stayed like that, but then suddenly Pete remembered that he needed to inform his office about the completed work he and New had done and the files were kept on New's table.

Thinking about New suddenly made Pete smile which didn't went unnoticed by Kao.

"Pete, why are you smiling?" Kao asked and that startled Pete.

He looked at Kao with wide eyes, but then, he brought himself back to his usual self.

"Was just thinking about something funny" Pete replied and ruffled Kao's hair before jumping out of the bed. "I'm going to take shower, if anyone calls, pick it up and tell them that I'm in the bathroom" he informed and went towards the wardrobe to grab his towel. He then walked towards the bathroom and went inside.

Once Pete shut the door and started taking his shower, his cellphone started ringing.

Just like Pete had instructed, Kao picked up his phone and checked it. The caller's name was flashing New.

New? Kao thought and connected the line.

"Hello Pete, about yesterday, I'm sorr...."

"Hello, this is Kao. Pete is taking shower. He asked me to tell that" Kao informed.

The other person suddenly went quiet and that somehow confused Kao.

"Hello?" He hummed, but no response. "New, are you still there?" Kao asked, and he could hear a faint sound.

"Ye.. yes, I'm still here. Sorry to disturb" New apologised.

"Aah, it's nothing. You didn't disturb. Can I ask who are you?"

New went silent again, but when he heard the other person asking him if he was still there again, he broke his silence.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I'm New, Pete's colleague. I have just called to inform him that, boss wants us to be in the office within an hour. There's going to be auditing for every sections" New informed.

"Oh, I see. Thanks for informing New. I'll definitely let him know about it" Kao answered.

New was hesitant to ask the other who was he, because he didn't want to hear it. But, he was stil curious, so he asked..

"May I ask who are you?" New asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kao, Pete's boyfriend. He...."

But Kao couldn't finish his sentence, when New could hear Pete's voice cutting off Kao's words. He could hear Pete asking Kao, who was on the line and Kao answered him back with New, and New could hear Pete cursing and he didn't know why, but he immediately disconnected the call.

Stupid, Idiot, why did you have to fck yourself like this? New cursed himself. After all, he knew this would happen, since Pete had already told him that he was in a relationship, that too, a long term relationship. But still...

On the other hand, Tay was lost in his own world. He still kept cursing for not having courage to approach his own bestfriend and tell him about his feelings, but now, he lost him.

'New, please look at me'! The elder sniffed. How was he going to get his friend back, he didn't understand, because New was already out of his league now. The younger was in love with someone else.

To be Continued...

NOTE : I don't want to stretch this story more and I'll finish it off within three chapters, because I'm really confused myself 😅🤣🤣 I keep switching Pete with Tay and Kao with New 🙄🙄😑😑 I know I have started it, so I'll finish it somehow lol.. Thanks for reading 😊😊