His grandfather Kosta has been his most frequent visitor in the two months he's been here.

Now that I carefully looked at him, I could see he was doing much better. He looked healthier and more fit than he had been when he came here.

His colour had returned to favour his naturally tanned skin native of his Eastern European ancestry. His eyes were no longer bloodshot and dilated, giving way to that sharp icy blue that stood out against his warm complexion. He'd gotten a trim too, but it was hard to tell since his dark brown hair looked as though he'd rolled off his bed after much tossing and turning and scratched and scratched at his head.

"Tuck, you said you've got a guy on the inside. What's he saying?" B posed toward the person in question. Tucker pursed his lips, playing with the corner of a page from B's opened Math text.

He was seated on a chair opposite B, across a small table where the tutoring sessions were held. Zain stood, leaning against the wall, arms akimbo. I was plopped, star fished on the bed.

"I haven't heard much. But he suspects." he replied, his words vague and cryptic. B and I glanced to him with questioning eyes. "He suspects Jaxon and Asher are mates. And he suspects that somehow, Teddy's figured it out."

Well, I'm glad Tucker hasn't told anyone outside our immediate circle. Aside from him; Zain, Alec, Jason, and Lance were the only other few who knew about Asher and me and it's only because I saw it safe to inform them what I stood to lose.

I sat up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. "This inside man of yours, who is he? Do we know him?"

"I can't tell you that. If I do, it would only comprise our strategic advantage."

I rolled my eyes at that, noticing that B mirrored my exact reaction.

"Is he trustworthy, then?" B shot at Tucker.

"Extremely." Zain piped up, his voice firm with confidence in his answer. B perked up, pinning an amused stare to Zain.

"You trust this guy?" he asked, humming in response when Zain nodded, a confident smirk playing at his lips. "Any chance I can get it out of you?"

"You might," Zain shrugged, a mischievous gleam entering his eyes when he smirked, "if you kiss me first."

B made a face of mock disgust before laughing. "Not gonna happen, Walker."

Zain only shrugged. "Then I guess you'll never know."

"You Blackwater boys...but are you serious?"

Zain frowned.

"Would you really tell me if I kissed you?" B interrogated, and Zain hummed in agreement while nodding his head once. Tucker, B and I exchanged glances a moment before Bennett swiftly got up and started backing the beta wolf into a corner.

Zain looked like a deer caught in headlights, first, and now he appeared akin to a cornered kitten.

"B, what are you doing?" he all but screamed, holding his arms out to keep Bennett away. His face was flushed, and I could tell that despite his fighting and refusal, he wanted this with everything in him.

See, Zain used to have a crush on my best friend that soon blossomed into something stronger. And I don't think Zain ever got over it.

"Bartering. A kiss for one piece of information."

"You're using me?" Zain scoffed in disbelief, grabbing hold of B's wrists, pinning them to B's chest.

"It's one kiss." Bennett said as though it meant nothing, pushing forward and tipping his head up, his face inches away from Zain's. He pinned B with a firm stare, his gaze flickering a moment from B's eyes to his lips. Zain's resolve wavered just before Bennett burst out laughing.

Zain's eyes widened and he shoved B away, mumbling to himself.

"Oh my gosh! You really thought I would let you kiss me?" B cackled, doubling over with laughter.

"You are cruel, Bennett Reid. Playing with a guy's feelings like that." Zain shot back, obviously deeply hurt by that stunt.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But I would never self myself so cheap." my best friend replied once he'd sobered from his fit. His expression and tone of voice suddenly took on a serious note. "But truly, you can't tell us?" he directed at the two Blackwater wolves before sliding his gaze to me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I can't have you guys suddenly being nice to said person." Tucker returned, making us frown as we glanced to each other, then back to him.

"So we do know him, and he's someone we hate?" I reiterated. Tucker nodded.

"You two, anyway. But that's all I'll say."

We were quiet for a moment, letting silence flow between us as B and I tried to think of whom it may be. Bennett was the first to break the silence, by restating something Tucker had earlier said.

"So, this guy doesn't know for sure that Asher and Jax are mates. But he suspects. And he also suspects that Teddy might have figured it out." At this, Tucker and Zain nodded. B then turned to look at me.

"Teddy knows." B stated, not realizing what those two words did to me. Yet, I wouldn't get angry with him. He's only stating the truth. "Why else would he approach Asher out of everyone you've gotten close to since we moved here?"

See, he was only stating the obvious. And who knows? Maybe Asher and I had brought this on ourselves. Perhaps we hadn't been too careful. Maybe we slipped up somewhere.

"My hands are tied while I'm in here." he continued. "Grandpa Kosta keeps me under careful watch here so there isn't much I can do. Just, be careful. Start putting security measures in place. Don't wait until it's too late. We can't deal with a repeat, Jax."

I glanced up at him. His eyes said he wanted to say something else but for whatever reason, he chose not to.

"B makes an excellent point." Zain spoke up. "Earlier you mentioned you two are heading to the Stone's beach house for the weekend?" Zain queried for confirmation and I nodded.

"Good. Now that Teddy knows, assuming anyway, please be extra vigilant. If you feel something's off or you sniff trouble, just get out of there. Our inside guy has yet to find out what Tobias' next move is."

"Not to mention, he's been extremely quiet and docile since we showed up." Tucker informed quietly, a slight frown on his face.

"Then we need to be extra, extra careful. He might seem like that, but he's planning something." B added, and to that, we all agreed.

It's how Tobias Corbin works. He hasn't stirred up any trouble, seemingly absent from the picture for the better part of the past two months. That meeting one week ago was actually the first time I'd seen him since the gala.

What the hell are you planning, Corbin?