Daylight Ring

I am currently extremely hungover. Last night, we all drank a lot. In celebration of Alec and Magnus' declaration of love for each other.

My head pounds as I look at my phone, my phone is blowing up with messages.

Simon: Happy Birthday Lil Sis, I love youuuu

Mom: Happy Birthday Honey, come home for dinner soon. It'll be nice to see you

Alec: I heard Simon said it was your birthday last night today. So Happy Birthday! Also I sent home with you last night something Magnus calls a hangover cure, so drink it now. Bye, from Alec.

Oh shit, I forgot it was my birthday. I wonder if Raf knows.

I walk down the stairs, still in my pyjamas. Raphael and Kol are sitting down in the sitting room area, talking "morning". I say groggily.

They both turn their heads quickly "morning Mi Amor" I kissed Raphael's cheek and sit down, beside him. His arms wrap around my waist. "I am extremely hungover." Raphael shoots up, and gets some weird yellow glowing drink. "oh hell no, is that the drink Magnus made?" Raphael nods his head, and hands me the weird glowing glass bottle.

"You're better off just drinking the whole thing at once." Raf says. I shake the bottle before I shot the whole bottle. I immediately gag, oh it tasted like shit, literal shit. I continue gagging. Kol interrupts into a fit of giggles. "you never fail to amuse me darling." Raphael kisses my forehead before leaving to call someone on the phone. So I lay on the sofa, closing my eyes as the weird juice begins to work its magic. Maybe I'll sleep, I'm still sleepy.

Raphael's POV:

I call Jace, to ask him about Olivia's birthday present. She's going to love it.

Raphael; Hey, so is it good?

Jace; yes, I looked over the hotel, the flights. All good. How are you going to walk in daylight?

Raphael; My good friend knows a witch who can create daylight rings. But Jace ok, I need your blessing for something. I already have both Simon's and Alec's. Can I ask her to be my soulmat

(There's a moment of silence before Jace replies)

Jace : yes, you do have my blessing. Please take care of her.

Raphael : I will

Jace : bye

I hang up and walk back into the kitchen to see Olivia sleeping deeply on the sofa. "Kol, would you be able to make me a ring like yours. I want to bring Olivia to Paris for her birthday."

Kol smiles brightly "of course my dear friend, anything for you two."

//A few hours later //

I make my way over to our new oven and take the fresh cooked chicken out, and place it down onto the white covered table. Today is Olivia's birthday and I have decided that I will make her some dinner and then surprise her with her gift. The table in which I placed the chicken upon, has lit candles in the middle, with a glass of blood on my side, and a bottle of wine on her side. The room is dark except for the candles lit among the room, casting an orange shadow over everything.

She comes down the stairs and into the kitchen wearing the most beautiful navy dress, her hair is down to her shoulders. Her curls bouncing as she walks. Her eyes light up when she scans the room.

"you look beautiful."

"thank you." she blushes.

I pull out the chair for her and she sits down "so you like it?"

She laughs "I love it."
She glances down at the food "hmmmmm, this is fucking amazing. Did you cook this?" I take a sip of the blood, wiping it from my mouth "of course I did" She smiles with her mouth full of food. Oh how I love her. My whole body erupts into flames and sparks every time I am near her. I have heard of a few down worlder's getting 'mates' where their mate is specifically chosen for them. Kinda similar to parabatai's.

"I have a surprise for you, Happy Birthday Livia Sterling" I take out the box from under the table and place it on the table. She hesitates as she takes the box and places it onto her lap. She opens it up and pulls out all the pink paper, and finally pulls out the letter.

Dear Olivia, Mi Amor

These past few weeks have been hard for me. I've lost friends, gained new ones but mostly I found the love of my life. Most people say that it may take years to find someone you love, or that love at first sight doesn't exist but it does indeed. I am living proof of it. That day I first saw you, I knew I had to know you. Even though we didn't get started in the most nicest of ways, we still found a way into each other's hearts. I love you so much.

So Olivia pack your bags. You and I are spending two nights in Paris and we're leaving tomorrow.

Love ~ Raphael S.

She starts crying "Raphael I love you" she whispers , she takes my hand and I whisper back "I love you too" We Stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds before she grabs my face with her hands and kisses me softly. And there is the spark. This is going to be the best two nights of my life.