#7. Resurrection

Honorable Mention in the 2019 Chaos Awards 7 organized by CreativeChaos and judged by me under the genre Sci Fic.

Book- Resurrection
Genre: Science Fiction/Erotica
Mature: Yes
LGBTQ: No

Author: AuraliaMinnet

Book Title

I loved the one word book title which was 101% apt for the storyline.

Book Cover

The cover consists of a woman having tattoos of vibrant colors over some parts of her body with a background of constellations. The author did a brilliant job with the cover which was again apt for the storyline. I don't think there could've been a better option for the cover because the texts used were also visible.

Book Description

I think there could be a little more added to the description telling why Eliza shouldn't be happy about her resurrection. I'd also like to add that the last line of the description stood out for me.

Plot

Eliza is our main character who should supposedly be happy to get a new life after being frozen for about two hundred and fifty years in a high tech world. There's the catch the author puts: she was brought back to life only to serve as a slave to men fulfilling their sexual desires. No women would accept such whole heartedly and there was no difference in the case of Eliza. Daniel is the person who paid to give Eliza this life: only to earn money from what he forced upon Eliza to do. This is where resurrection begins.

Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar and Vocabs

While everything seemed okay to me, I think the author can fix some of the punctuation issues I came across while reading the book. I'd also like it if the author included a key for some of the technical words used throughout the book.

Writing Style, Character Development, Flow and Setting

There's something I'd like to say about the writing style of the author. I think the last line of the first chapter was a very direct attempt to reveal what was Daniel's actual profession. Even though the entire chapter gave some ideas, I think the author could have revealed it later creating some more drama. The character development is appreciated and I liked how the author kept Daniel as a dark character and didn't reveal his real picture. Yaru was another character that struck the readers through his words and care for Eliza. I loved how Yaru was helpful towards Eliza and other women who were brought by Daniel and how he protected Eliza from the bodyguards Edward and Jake. The badass character of Eliza seemed really authentic to me. Each and every chapter's ending was well planned and created just the right amount of impact on the readers. Both the flow and setting seemed okay to me.

Creativity and Enjoyment

Creativity is the author's strength. The idea of the new paint which was more like a tattoo is one thing that I found unique. There was a twist that we learned about Yaru, which is, he wasn't healed because if he did, then he wouldn't be able to educate women of the tasks that they had to perform- again creative idea. I'd recommend the book to everyone, even those whose genre isn't erotica because the book isn't entirely about erotica. The author was successful in crafting the helplessness of Eliza and it has got surely more to offer to the readers.

The End