Chapter 22: New Creations

Começar do início

First, I placed four [Vis Herbs] in my mortar and crushed them with my pestle. Then I carefully placed two [Magus Roots] in a separate mortar and crushed them as well. Since the latter had more mana than the one I used for the [Mana Potion], I had to make sure I didn't add too many roots and avoid what I called a "mana overdose". And to make sure it didn't have any dangerous side effects, I added a [Synthesized Oil] that I'd bought from the general store into my beaker after adding water, along with the crushed roots and herbs before I mixed them all together on a gas burner.

[Synthesized Oil]

[Extracted from several herbs, it is known for suppressing the powerful effects of some ingredients. Because of this, it is an essential ingredient for any kinds of potions and medicine.]

As the description said, it suppressed the powerful effects of the [Magus Roots], which I hoped would deal with the problem of a potential "mana overdose". But I still need to do something about the taste. While I could normally handle the [Mana Potion's] bitter taste, I doubt I could endure this one since I'm using the roots of a [Magus Herb] plant, which was very bitter. To counter this, I crushed three [Amei Petals] and one pack of [Spicy Seeds] together in my mortar, and once the mixture is completely heated up, I added them very carefully so I wouldn't spill anything, and mix them all together. Once I saw that most of the crushed ingredients were melted into the mixture, I transferred it into a potion bottle and waited for it to cool. With me now finished, I sighed with relief, only to see a description window pop out in front of me.

[Mana Boost Potion]

[A potion that increases the mana inside the user. However, its powerful effects will negatively affect the user's body if consumed before the effects fade. For some reason, it has a sweet and spicy taste.

Effects: Increases Max MP by 16% for 30 minutes. Has a 10-minutes cooldown.]

Wow... that was a surprise. I was expecting that a mana-boosting potion would be the end result of this experiment, but I didn't expect that it would actually be a high-level potion. Still, at least the cooldown effects washed away my worries for the time being. In any case, I decided to try another kind of potion next.

This time, I crushed three [Testa Seeds] and two [Vis Herbs] together in my mortar along with two drops of [Synthesized Oil] and added it to a beaker of water. As I mixed it all together, I also wondered if the herbs could make it taste a little bitter. With that, as the mixture heated up, I crushed three [Amei Petals] and added them to the mixture before stirring it once more. Like before, I transferred the mixture into another bottle once it was finished, at which another description window popped up in front of me.

[Magic Concentration Potion]

[A potion that increases the user's magical abilities and accuracy. It is often used by fledgling magicians and witches. It also has a sweet, fruity taste.

Effects: Temporarily increases Magical Attack and Dexterity for 90 minutes.]

I smiled when I read through its flavor and effect descriptions. To be honest, I wanted to give my magic a bit of a boost, and this potion could help me in the early parts of the game. I wished I could taste both of them, but I feared that it would some unintentional effects if I drink them both at one. Still, I was happy with the results. Besides, not only did they not blow up in my face, but I managed to make two potions without any guidance from the wiki or crafting menu. Just thinking about this accomplishment made me feel like a real alchemist making new discoveries! I wondered how Wind would react when he saw my new creations.

Speaking of whom, where was Wind? I turned around and saw that he wasn't at his cooking station. Did something happen to him while I was busy with my [Alchemy]?

----

Wind's Masteries

[Archery] Level 11

[Woodcrafting] Level 1

[Swordsmanship] Level 10

[Cooking] Level 4

[Wind] Level 9

[Physical Enhancement] Level 3

[Hunting] Level 10

----

Kazu's Masteries

[Arcana] Level 10

[Thunder] Level 11

[Wind] Level 7

[Alchemy] Level 12

[Magecrafting] Level 1

[Magical Affinity] Level 11

[Scribe] Level 1