breathing the night air

I quickly made my way to the front of the theatre, Lilly was waiting. "So?" She pushed.

"So?" I asked.

"How was it?"

"What?" I questioned.

"What'd he have to say?"

"Lilly, you're having a one-sided conversation. I'm lost."

"How was Finneas?"

"Finneas?"

"You're kidding me?" She sighed. "Finneas, Billie's brother."

"We didn't talk, I just got them the water."

"Them? Did you see Billie?" She asked.

"I have to clean the cheese machine." I said going behind the counter, she followed. I took the lid of the machine and grabbed the trash bin. As I started to clean it out Lilly was still looking at me. "If your gonna keep staring at me your going to help." I said. She went to the sink. "Lilly, I can feel your eyes burning into me, what do you want from me?"

"I just want to know what it is like to be in there presence."

"Lilly." I laughed. "They're literally just humans, like you and me."

"Ugh, how are you so calm?" She mumbled. I sighed and finished cleaning. I wanted to leave the second the theatre was clean, I wanted to be home and asleep. 

As the people left I started to take out the trash, time to go home and filmed for an hour, just to edit for two or three hours... "Hey!"

"Jesus!" I jumped turning around fast. She started to laugh as she held up her hands.

"I'm sorry." She laughed. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Good." I said.

"I refuse to believe someone can be 'good' all day after what happened." I felt like she was inside my brain. I blinked quickly.

"I'm, uh. Tired but fine."

"Go home and go to sleep." She smiled.

"Yea right." I let out a laugh and she cocked an eyebrow. How did she break that seal?

"Yea right?"    

"Um sorry." I sighed.

"Don't be." She said. I threw the last bag into the bin and I turned to look at her again. I looked her up and down by accident, how old was she?

"Gemma-" Lilly said walking out through the door stopping dead in her tracks. "I- I'm sorry." she said. 

"It's good." Billie said to her, I could tell she was dying inside.

"Um... Dad said you can go home..." She said to me and I nodded.

"Ok, thanks." I said and she stayed by the door. Billie turned towards her and smiled.

"Do you want a picture?" She nodded quickly.

"Let me take it." I smiled. once Lilly went back inside I turned back to Billie.

"It feels so weird."

"What does?" I asked eyeing up my car.

"A good weird. Finishing a show and be able to relax and not have to be cooped up on the bus, get some night air."

"You can't do that normally?" I asked and she chuckled, the girl had a beautiful smile.

"You don't know who I am do you?" She asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Billie..." I said slowly. "I'm sorry, I just never have time to listen to music or... do anything really-"

"Hey dude calm down it's ok." She said reaching out and touching my arm. I lifted my eyes to look at her face. "You don't need to justify your self to me, I'm not god." She chuckled.

"I'm sorry." I laughed nervously. I suddenly wanted to cry, and I was saved by the bell as my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Where are you? It's 10 past 10."

"I'm sorry, I know I'm running late I'm sorry."

"just get here. Please." I sighed putting my phone down.

"I gotta go the babysitter is freaking out." I sighed.

"It's ok, see you again eh?" She smiled and hugged me. that was weird.

"Bye." I quickly walked to my car and chewed on my lip as I drove to get Tom.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, The concert was huge and you know how Jim is."

"I can't do this anymore Gemma." She shook her head.

"Peggie, please?"

"I need a life." She said as I lifted Tom into my arms.

"Are you kidding me?" I mumbled.

"Just because you think you can take on the world don't mean shit. Gemma grow up and stop biting off more then you can chew."

"Sorry, I fucking stepped up!" I grabbed his bag and went out the door slamming it behind me.

I put Tom to bed and I sat down to my computer, I pulled up my email and my stomach dropped. 'Gemma,

This will be your last week at our establishment, Between you're coming in late and taking unapproved brakes, and you trying to get backstage with the artists. We can't employ someone with so many bad quietly. Good luck. Jim Mckad Management.'
I started at the email and just cried. for a solid two hours.