𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Hopper asked frowning.

"The locks are fail-secure" Dr Owens explained to him.

"Fail secure?" Hopper and Joyce asked.

"If that's a power outage the building goes on lockdown" Owens explained.

"Can it be unlocked remotely?" Bob questioned.

"With a computer, sure, but somebody's gotta reset the breakers," Dr Owens told them.

"Where are the breakers?" Hopper asked him.

"Breakers are in the basement, three floors down." Dr Owens started which caused Hopper to walk towards the door.

"Hey, where are you going?" Bob stopped him.

"To reset the breakers," Hopper said to him as if it were obvious.

"Okay, then what?" Bob asked.

"Them we get out of her." Hopper answered with the same 'duh' tone he used moments before.

"No, then the power goes back on. If you wanna unlock the doors. You have to completely reboot the computer system, and then override the security codes with manual input." Bob told them.

"Fine, how do I do that?" Hopper asked.

"You can't. Not unless you know BASIC." Bob explained.

"I don't know what that means," Hopper told Bob bluntly.

"It's a computer programming language" Mike spoke up.

"Teach it to me," Hopper said to Bob.

"Shall I teach you French while I'm at it, Jim? How about a little German? How about you, doc? You speak BASIC?" Bob scoffed mockingly.

"No" the doctor responded simply.

"Okay, I got this. I got this" Bob reassured, himself mainly.

"No Bob" Joyce went to protest.

"It's okay. It's gonna be okay" Bob calmed her "remember Bob Newby, superhero."

———✰———

"Son of a bitch did it" Hopper stated impressed as Bob opened the door.

"Right, I'll meet you outside" Bob spoke into the intercom that was given to him as he left.

"Nice job" Owens praised before he spotted a monster.

"Hold on a second, chief" Dr Owens spoke up gaining Hopper's attention.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"West stairwells not clear anymore," Owens told him.

"What's going on?" Bob asked through the intercom.

"We've got company," Owens told him calmly.

"Where?" Bob asked.

"The west stairwell," Hopper told him.

"I've got an idea" Bob informed.

"What the hell's he doing?" Owens asked so the five watched Bob play around on the computer just before the sprinklers went on causing the monsters to run towards the noise.

"Okay. Okay, that worked." Owens muttered impressed. "Now get outta there!"

Hopper placed Will over his shoulder ready to leave before Owens spoke up "Wait a second, chief" and gave a Hopper his intercom.

"What are you doing?" Hopper asked him.

"Anymore surprised, I'll let you know. Go" Dr Owens told him and the others bravely.