4. Tyler?

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 4

Tyler’s POV

I’m crazy.

That’s the only explanation here. Because if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t have thought Audrey’s ghost was kissing me.

But she was. I think.

But if she’s a ghost…why is she so solid? I was confused. And crazy.

And yet, still entirely in love with her. Of course I never moved on! I’m in love with her! Much, much more than I should I’m afraid.

So after the shock, if I’m going to break myself more, I may as well get as much in return as possible. I want to die. But right now, as long as her lips are on mine—even in ghost form—it can wait. It’s entirely worth it.

I just wish I knew why my body was buzzing with electricity. I twitch a lot, but this is more of a soft, pleasant humming.

What’s wrong with me!

Audrey’s POV

I kissed him. He was frozen like a statue at first. Deep in thought I think too.

I loved every second of it. Feeling his lips on mine again was reassuring. Even if it was only me doing the work.

That feeling only lasted a few seconds however before he responded and kissed me back. He wrapped him arms around my waist, pulling me closer. Pretty good for a ghost huh Tyler. I heard Grace walk away to let us be alone. Crap! How do I convince him I’m real? He listens to her! What if I need her?

But for now I focused on kissing my ex. I know weird concept huh? As much as he hurt me, as much as I hurt him, I’m not sure I was really over him. I thought about him all the time. It was like all this time, I've tried to be mad at him. I was only fooling myself though. Or attempting ot at least. I was angry, but that spark burnt out as quickly as it lit. Mostly I wished he was here with me. The only possible good thing from the experiance was meeting Jordan. Sometimes, I wonder if it was worth it though.

The important question though is can Tyler even forgive me?

I’m not very confident with that answer. He apparently tried to kill himself four times! At least! Now if only I could convince him I’m real.

Tyler sensed the tension and pulled away. He closed his eyes and touched his forehead to mine. “Are you okay?” he brushed his lips against mine

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have done that.” I said. I started to withdraw form him, but his arms tightened around my waist and he growled. I froze at the sound. That was very…how can I describe the sound Tyler just made?

Animalistic maybe? But it didn’t sound…human. Call me crazy, but it was not normal. His lips touched my temple and I simply melted against his body. I lifted my chin and pecked his lips.

“Do you believe me now?” I asked hopefully

“I’m sorry. God, I really am crazy.” He sighed and stepped away. Leaving my body with the chills. I wanted, no. I needed his body close. I started to shake but he didn’t seem to take notice. “I understand why you hate me.” I was dumbfounded

“I don’t hate you. If anything you should hate me! I made you like this! I wish it hadn’t happened…you know what no. I’m glad it happened…” I trailed off thinking about how if I hadn’t left, I wouldn’t never met Jordan. And the thought shattered my heart worse than it ever had before. Worse than it ever could for Tyler.

I need Jordan in my life. How was I only just realizing it? I’ll think later, I need to talk to Tyler.

I shoved the thoughts out of my head and focused on the right here, right now.

“What do you mean you’re glad?” he asked suspicious and angry. Not that I could blame him. Nice job Audrey. You just had to say that out loud!

“I’ll tell you later.” I looked down. Expecting that to be it, and for him to leave me. Instead he asked, “How is he?” I looked up. Oh jeez. I didn’t tell him yet. What do I do!?

“Um…” Thank God! The bell! I was just saved by the bell. Thank you bell!

I sprinted to my next class and avoided both of them the rest of the day. I made it to my car unnoticed. At least I thought I had.

“Is this your car?” Grace asked stunned. Tyler was just a step behind her. Looking shocked as well.

“Uh. Yeah. A gift.” I tried to shrug it off. A gift. Way to go. Now they’ll ask who from.

“From who?” Tyler asked shakily. Here we go…

“A very good friend. Now if you’ll excuse me—” I tried to open my door. I only got it a few inches before someone—and I already know who—slammed it shut from behind me.

“Hey!” I protested He spun me around.

“Who bought this?” He asked angrily. I saw the weirdest thing. Grace sniffed my car and scowled. “Who?!” he shook me. I tried to step away. His eyes turned black. This was scary in a way far different from at lunch. That was scary as in weird and heart breaking. This was scary as in horror and pure terror. Suddenly Grace pulled me out of his grasp with a “Stop! You’ll hurt her Tyler!”

I just stood there like a fish out of water. “Tyler control yourself!” Grace yelled. Suddenly he was hunched over. Grace let go of me abruptly, I stumbled, and she got him to move towards the woodsy area by the school. Not large, but you’ll find some wildlife. People come here to hike sometimes. It’s maybe about twenty square miles. Large, but not some national park, but a small part of a forest.

I followed. What is happening?! Grace saw me coming. Her eyes widened. “GO!” I shook my head. “What’s happening to him?” I asked as calmly as possible. Suddenly Tyler screamed out in agony.

He grew taller. Bigger. His clothes ripped off his body. If I blinked, I’d have missed the entire thing. One second a Tyler was in agony, the next a deep brown wolf was in his place. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Then I passed out.

Song of the moment: Good Time- Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen

pic: Tyler (Matt Lanter)