Application Day

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I groaned loudly and smacked the alarm beside my bed off. "beep beep my ass, shut up." I rubbed my eyes and groaned some more as I heard my door opening. "HEY HEY GET UP LAZY PANTS IT'S TIME TO START THE DAY!" I shot glares at Hizashi as he nearly ripped my blinds off their hinges. "Can't a teenager sleep in for once..." I got up and began pushing him out of my room. "Now if you excuse me, I have a second alarm to sleep through an-" I was cut off as uncle Toshi barged into my room, followed by dad. "ah yes, let's all hold our daily meeting in Y/n's room why don't we" I crossed my arms as I studied all of them. Uncle Toshi wore his baggy street clothes but wore a stupid grin, Hizashi scratched his head nervously and my dad wore his usual unreadable, blank face. "Y/n you know what day it is. come on." dad spoke with no emotion and rubbed his temples. "but I don't wanna! there's gonna be people. and what if they don't except me! i'll be a failure!" I collapsed onto my bed and held a hand onto my forehead. "HEY NOW, DON'T THINK LIKE THAT. YOU'RE FATHER AND TOSHI HAVE TRAINED YOU WELL." I looked up at them and sighed. "well?" Toshi looked up at me and they all wore a somewhat worried face. "well...can't get dressed with a bunch a people in my room now can I?" Dad smiled at me and put a hand on my shoulder. "we'll be off to the school then, we'll see you there. don't forget that I love you and you're gonna do great. if you get nervous don't forget that you're not the only one out there almost shitting themselves." I smiled at him and hugged him "thank you dad, I love you too. Promise to score me fair?" he nodded back and ruffled my hair "promise."  I waited until the three adults closed the front door before dropping my smile and groaning loudly. today was the day I'd be applying to UA. I opened my closet and just emptily stared at it before pulling out an outfit and slipping it on. "this should at least make it easy to move around..and it's breathable"  (image below)

After painfully leaving my room and going downstairs I sat on the couch eating a small breakfast

*ding*

I looked down at my phone to see that Tokoyami had texted me.

bird brain: hey Y/n, you still going today?

Y/n: yup

bird brain: mind if I walk with you? I'm too nervous to walk in alone

Y/n: for sure! i'm about to leave. meet you by your house

I got up and placed my plate in the sink, groaning as I grabbed my house keys and heading towards the door. I silently walked to Tokoyami's house and waited for him. the sun was barely even out yet, people were still asleep and the birds haven't even began chirping yet. I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a cough and saw Toko standing there. "Ready?" He smiled at me and nodded. we began our walk in silence, but it wasn't unbearable. I enjoyed it. Pretty soon we reached the school. All the nerves I had been holding back had just set in and my stomach felt like an empty pit. fuck. We walked up the stairs and into the main room where Hizashi stood. He made eye contact with me and waved. us being the only ones in there, minus maybe two others I awkwardly waved back and made my way to a seat. "hey, don't be scared. you're gonna dominate!" "toko..you haven't even seen my quirk, how do you know it's gonna dominate" he laughed and leaned back "it's not your quirk that's gonna help you win, it's that initiative of yours." I smiled and thanked him. after five minutes the room had pretty much been filled and the lecture began. if i'm completely honestly, I didn't pay attention one bit. halfway through some poor green haired boy got called out for mumbling? or fanboying? either way, I really don't blame him. I shot a glare at the snob that called him out and turned my attention back to loud ass. "alright! you will now be separated into groups. good luck!" we got up and diffused. As soon as I made it to the gate, I began stretching and mentally preparing. everyone seems to be sizing up their 'opponents' but, honestly, I could care less. it's not them i'll be defeating. I looked up to see the same green haired boy. I smiled at him and he seemed to be staring off at someone. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" I snapped my head towards some boy with glasses chewing him out. "hey! quiet. leave the boy alone." I glared. The greenette's face turned bright red as he started to thank me. "hm.. don't recall seeing you enter. Is that really proper attire? and-" the raven haired boy seemed to never shut up about 'properness' and I can already tell he's not gonna be someone i'm going to get along with. Just as I was about to say something the gates opened and loud mouth screamed something along the lines of "blah blah time is short lah blah" the only word that fully processed was "GO" and my legs moved on their own into the arena.