1- The Case of the Augurey

Start from the beginning

Rooney badly begged the Ministry to let her stay in her mother's home, but they wouldn't allow it because she was underage and needed a parent or guardian to look after her, and seeing as she had no family left, the Davies were the closest thing she had left of family.

And the worst part of all was that her mother had no will left behind when she died. At least that's what the Ministry had told her. Rooney knew her mother better than anyone else, and she knew that her own mother would never leave her to fend for herself if something had ever happened to her. But now she wasn't so sure anymore, because not only did she lose her mum, but she lost the house, and she had what little money was left over.

"All right let's do this." Said Rooney.
Roger grabbed her bags and stood inside the Floo. Rooney slung her last bag over her shoulder and looked around her home one last time. She gazed out across her home longingly for the last time choking back another sob.

"All right lets go."
Rooney turned around and stepped into the Floo besides Roger and kept her head down as she held onto his arm tightly while he loudly announced his address and they were both swept away.

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

_______________
July 10th 1994
Early Morning
The Burrow
________________

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

As usual, the home of the Weasleys was bustling bright and early in the morning. Molly Weasley was in the kitchen cooking breakfast for her family while her husband was sitting at the table reading the Daily Prophet.

Their youngest son came stomping down the stairs at the smell of the savory smell of bacon and muffins and came rushing into the kitchen to settle his hungry stomach.

"What's to eat? I'm starving" Said Ron.
"Oh hush, breakfast is almost ready go and sit with your father." Molly scolded.

Ron pouted and sat across from his father, Arthur Weasley. "Dad why do you read the post every morning it's all the same." Ron complained.
Arthur flipped over a page in the paper and said to Ron, " There's actually quite a lot of good reads in here by very talented journalists, this isn't the rubbish that Skeeter woman likes to put out, and they've got good comics in here as well!"

"The Daily Prophet is also a very good source to know what is going on within the Wizarding community and what the Ministry is up to regarding law and politics Ronald, honestly read a book every once in awhile", chided Ron's older brother Percy who came walking into the kitchen.

"Oh shut up will you Perce."
"No."
"Boys." Warned Molly.

Percy sat at the far end of the table and began working on some work related to his new job at the Ministry. Honestly Ron couldn't care less.

"All right breakfast is ready." Molly announced.
And just like that two identical looking boys came bounding down the stairs right on time and snagged up a plateful of muffins, bacon, and eggs right before the rest of their siblings.

"Hey!" "Watch it!" "Not fair!" "Move your arse!" "You can't eat everything!" "That's my plate!" "George!" "Stop it Ron!"

"Enough shouting!" Molly yelled over her kids shouting and bustling.
Soon enough everyone was in their seat and eating breakfast as a family as if they didn't just have tug of war over muffins and eggs a minute ago.

"Man I can't wait until the Quidditch World Cup, I wish Harry and Hermione were here already." said Ron.
"Me too! This is the most excited I've ever been!" cheered Ginny.
"You know why Harry can't be here yet Ron, and Hermione only has a few weeks until she arrives, not to worry, the days will go by before you know it." Molly encouraged.

"Yeah can't wait to see the Irish beat Bulgaria" said Fred.
"How do you know the Irish will beat Bulgaria?" asked Ginny.
"Because I've got a gut feeling little sis, and when I've got a gut feeling that means I'm right."
"I thought it meant you had to go to the bathroom?" joked George.
The twins laughed and Ginny just scoffed and ignored her brothers.

"Well would you look at this" said Arthur.
"What is it dear?" Asked Molly.
"It says here that there was an Augurey crying down in Devon those two weeks ago. It says, "Gillie Ribbons of the Magical Beasts department of the Ministry of Magic has located the source of the shrill cry that stirred an entire town and beyond from their slumber on the night of June 25th, 1994. A lone Augurey was crying into the night to warn of an oncoming storm, as Augureys are known for. Many complaints were reported and no need to worry, as the source has been taken care of and the Augurey long gone by now." Read Arthur.

"Well how about that! An Augurey! I knew I heard something one night but an Irish Phoenix? How about that kids?" Arthur exclaimed.
"An Irish Phoenix? But why is one all the way down here in Devon?" asked Ginny.
"They can be known to migrate to Britain, but England is a bit far, maybe it got lost or was in search of food." Percy reasoned.

"That sounded nothing like a Phoenix!" Yelled George. "You all heard that right? It sounded like someone was being murdered right outside our bloody window!"
"George Weasley!" Molly scolded
"Yeah! That papers a load of rubbish I heard it too! When I heard it I thought it was Ron screaming because he saw a spider or something not some dumb bird!" Yelled Fred.
"Hey!" Ron whined.

"It most certainly was an Augurey you heard the paper." said Percy. "And you'd both be fools to think otherwise, honestly, what else could it have been?"
"I don't know but it wasn't a bird!" Complained the twins.
"Well whatever it was it's long gone and taken care of! Now finish your breakfast and get out of my kitchen!" Molly chided.

Ginny and Ron grumbled as they both got up and washed off their dishes and left the kitchen. Percy promptly finished his breakfast and without saying goodbye, grabbed his things and left for work at the Ministry. Arthur stood up and kissed Molly goodbye as he headed off for work after Percy and Molly finished cleaning up in the kitchen.

"What's the matter Freddie you look quite solemn."
"I know it wasn't an Augurey, I mean you heard the noise that night, it was awful."
"Yeah I know, but if it wasn't a Phoenix, what else could it have been?" 
"You know me better than anyone else Georgie, what else would I do?"
The twins gave each other a knowing look and a smirk.
"Let's look into this shall we?"
"Let's." Said Fred.

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎▪︎☠︎

______________
Slow Updates
Please comment/like/follow if
You enjoy so far
Thanks!