"Okay." I rubbed my temples.

"Would you like to join us for tea? Harshita and Dhanashree are coming as well. We'll have a great time." Her eyes shone.

I smiled. I hadn't spent much time with my mother since I got busy with my career, kids and a husband who might be on a date with that hot waitress with long legs.

Ugh!
A cup of tea would definitely be good for me so this was a perfect opportunity and I agreed.

I followed her to her room. The table was set with a tea pot, small white tea cups and lots of lip smacking snacks.

It reminded me of my childhood days when I had a similar type of kitchen play set. Nikita and I used to play those fake kitty parties. At times, even Aditi joined us and we used to have a blast.
I smiled at those pleasant memories. I miss those days although nowadays, we have a real kitty party but mostly with our kids and husbands around.

Husband! Why do I always have to think about him?

"Ardu, are you happy dear?" Her face held concern. I nodded.

"Yes I'm happy but why are you asking?" It made me curious that all of a sudden, why is she asking this question.

She bit her lip. "Earlier, Your Dad and I were discussing and we realized that we never gave you the choice to choose for yourself. You always did everything for us. Aditi still got that right. I mean we expected a lot from you and you always fulfilled it but are you really happy or was it because of us that you compromised?" She blabbered.

Maybe she saw our quarrel. Typical Maa.

Her question made me think about my life back then when all those confusions happened and the rest but this was fate. I mean, who would had thought that Riddhant Taneja would be married to Aaradhya Mehra?

She had a worried look on her face.

Our quarrel didn't mean that we were unhappy. We are very much elated with each other and I know that Riddhant will be in our room, sorry about that teasing and everything.
I know he can't let me stay mad at him for long nor can I stay without him.

I smiled again.

My mother was eagerly waiting for my answer.

"Maa, Though at times, I'm frustrated and we argue but that doesn't happen so often and neither does it stay for too long. It's just because of a balance that I've to maintain between my career and my home. Riddhant and I are very much gratified with our lives and I'm grateful because my parents chose the best for me. Riddhant as a husband is like a prize." I rested my hands in hers and tears glistened from her eyes.

"Just remember. We trust you and love you. We are sorry that at times, we've imposed our decisions on you both but now we'll always be there for you and Aditi." She palmed my face.

"I know."

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and my kids ran towards us, interrupting our conversation.

"Mom, would you help us?" Rithanya asked me.

Aryan was behind her.

"Yes dear, how can I help you?" I smiled at my angels.

"We want to prepare a banner for the party." Aryan said, excitedly.

The party which is being held tomorrow has many events, competitions and games organized for the kids and even some adults on the cruise. Nikita's triplets and my two kids are competing against each other in the banner making competition.

"How can I provide you with my assistance?"

"Mom we want to paint but we're not good at it and Aryan has been spilling the paint all over the place." She mumbled.