🔮I

Knock, knock

I swayed to the music as I went to answer the door, "Sick thoughts, sick thoughts, sick thoughts," I sang along. As I expected, a man I had met a week prior to this long awaited day stood at the front door.

He had smoky gray hair, his flecked hazel green soft eyes stayed on me for a moment before just analyzing me. Timeworn skin gave him an even more elderly look, along with smoky white hair peppered around his chin. He wore a royal blue suit jacket, underneath it laid a grey sweater with pants matching the jacket.

He flashed me a friendly smile for just a moment before his eyebrows scrunched together. It took me a second before I guessed that it resulted from the incredibly loud music that could be heard from my earphones.

I took out my phone, switching off the music immediately then proceeded to extend my hand towards him along with the same friendly smile I always have on because of my supposedly known cherry self.

"Evelyn," I paused for a moment before continuing, "But you already knew that.. uh nice to meet you."

"So you open doors for strangers before making sure they are actually the ones coming to pick you up," he chuckled, his voice rather deeper than I expected. Maybe he isn't as old as I thought.

I chuckled nervously as I opened the door further as a sign for him to enter.

He spoke again as he entered, "Jacob and likewise," smiling once again but like the first time, it was obvious that it's forced. It didn't reach his eyes, I could always tell.

"Well uhh I only need a minute," I stated and ran off into my house before he could protest. I switched on the music once more, not bothering to connect my earphones and just putting it on maximum volume.

I don't care if he doesn't like the music, he can shove a chair up his ass for all I care.

As if on que he entered and asked in disbelief, "This is your music taste?"

I just shrugged my shoulders in response and continued packing what I needed for the day.

"If so how did Jonathon choose you for music and choreography? It makes no sense.." he shouted over the music, acting as if it really is that loud. I scoffed at the idea as I thought of his reaction if I used my personalized speakers, extra loud ones might I add.

I turned around and answered, "Well no, this isn't my music taste but well, again I don't have a music taste, because it simply can't be labeled as something specific. I like trying new things especially in music and I like a lot of music genres, I can't like only one for me to have a taste. And also whomever that Johnathon lad is, he didn't choose me, Jack did. He said Johnathon would love the music. And I guess it's because I based it on old music with something a little bit of today's music."

"You don't know who Jonathan is? You haven't read any of his world known books?"

"I don't really concentrate on who the author is to be honest, I just read the book and move on to the next one. Well, not before soaking up all the knowledge and meaning behind it."

"Talkative much," he mumbled but I heard it.

I actually am pretty talkative yet private about anything personal. You really have to be if your in my place, everyone wants to know anything and everything, even though I am not that famous.

I grabbed my glasses and shoved it in the backpack and bent backwards, forming a bridge couple of steps before the guy then stood up straight.

His mouth hung open for a split second before he closed it and just walked out to the front door.

"Lets go we will be late," he uttered and sighed in annoyance.

I entered the car, followed by the grumpy old Jacob. As the car started gaining speed, I starred at him for a while as I pondered about his age before finally asking, "If you don't mind, how old are you?"

He rolled his eyes before responding, "If you must know, I'm fifty years old. And you chienne?"

"Ow you know French I see, thanks for calling me a bitch. And to answer your question, twenty."

He gaped at me as if he'd seen a ghost.

I chuckled at his astonishment and just looked outside at the trees and houses that later turned to towering buildings as we neared our destination.

"You are twenty?" He emphasized.

"Ah yes, shocking isn't it. I know I look like a 14 year old. I have been told that countless times, not really news anymore, I would elaborate more but I am talkative aren't I?"

He clenched his jaw as he starred at me for a moment and then for the rest of the ride we were silent and avoided any eye contact.

✨✨✨

Yay I finally published this :))

Comment what you think, please I really want opinions and I want to improve

I will update every alternate day for this book I promise.