The Next Morning

The two were awakened by Maxwell Labs calling to see if they were alright. Jeff tiredly answered, telling Labs that they were fine, and would be coming down for breakfast soon. However, Jeff usually lies about this due to the other kids always trying to pick on Tony. If Jeff was there to back him up, it would only make it worse.

"I'm not going to the cafeteria, what about you?"
"I'm gonna work on my new type of bottle rocket some more. I don't think you should go down to the cafeteria anyway."
Tony sighed. "I wish the other kids would just let us be."
"You and me both. Hey, uhh, you wanna help me work on the bottle rocket?"
"Sure!"

The two spent the rest of the hour working on the rocket. When they finished, they went outside to test it.

"Alright Tony. Light the fuse."
Tony lit it. The rocket flew off, and then split into two rockets. Then four, and finally eight.
"It's a succe-"
Someone threw a snowball at Jeff, almost knocking his glasses off.
Tony gasped. "Hey! Why'd you do that!?"
More kids started to show up.
"Jeff? What do we do?"
"Run."
The kids started pelting snowballs at the two. They ran off into the southern areas of Winters. The kids went back inside, laughing and chuckling.