Chapter 5

???'s P.O.V

     I flip. The Zombie yells right in my ear threatening to bite it off as I struggle to get as far away from it as possible. Ignoring the captors, I lunge forward, knocking into the same woman who may have severed my arm from my shoulder. She turns around ready to fire but it's the man who put a bullet in Gared who reacts quicker. He fires just to the right of my head, clearly not caring if the shards hit me at all. They zoom past me, into the head of the zombie behind me. The screams that follow and suddenly being on the floor doesn't help that hypothesis that I haven't been shot. My vision becomes narrow and blurry around the edges.
     I swear I was in slow motion the way everything happened. Micki grabs a pistol from from one of the captors holsters and fires it at the woman who was too slow to shoot. The bullet goes straight through her throat and she falls to the ground beside me. Another captor who has the majority of my group at gunpoint fires after that. An automatic, it was too fast to make what kind it was, but that didn't matter, it still tore into the crowd like a wild dog trying to dismember it's prey.
One by one my group falls or runs. I try to keep my eyes on Aaron because I know he's the only one separated from the large group. Though the increasing pain in my right eye and my decreasing ability to see gets the better of me. The rest are like hot flashes, bits of memories and feelings and I go in and out of what I assume to be consciousness.
Screams, gunfire, and a lot of yelling. The smell of gunpowder is rich and has a heavy hold on the room, holding it tight in its grasp like the thick soupy cloud of pollution that hangs over cities. Heavy and then weightless, light and dark. The blurry sequences of Zombies hoarding the room or being chased are but dreams in my limbo state. All I can do is wait.