Chapter 4: The Body

Mike's POV

Mike's POV

After we found out Celeste & Will are dead it was absolutely horrible. I lost my sister, my twin, my best friend in the entire world. I lost Will my best friend ever since we were five in kindergarten on the swings.

My mom and dad were devastated for losing their daughter. But i want to believe she's still alive it's hard to. I went to the basement not knowing what to do except cry but I didn't have any tears left.

Down in the basement I reach full panic, unsure what to do next. El holds up the giant transistor walkie-talkie. Over the speaker, clearer than ever, the voice of Will & Celeste, soft and still, quietly singing the Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go". I rushed over to respond, but the signal breaks. As I looked over at El, her nosebleed returns (signaling her telekinesis use and its mental/physical toll on the body).

"Will! Celeste! Are you there. Over?!" I asked.

I can't believe it their alive! My twin and best friend are alive!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Will's POV

Celeste and I have been held up in my house for a while taking turns when one of us are tired. We've been holding hands ever since the demogorgan was outside Castle Byers.

It hurts to see the girl I've come to know and grew so fond of over the years scared as all get out to fall asleep because of a monster sucking us from reality and trapping us in their world.

It's terrifying when you think about it or even try to comprehend it. But I will protect Celeste for as long as I live. I want to get her back to Mike and her parents and I want to get back to mine.

I felt Celeste stirring like she was waking up she opened her eyes and looked towards me. "Good morning or night I'm not so sure anymore." I said.

"Good morning or night Will." She said in response.

"How....how did you sleep?" I asked.

"Good....considering our circumstances."

"Yeah."

"I wish we had food."

"Me too we could try to find some maybe?" I suggested.

"I don't know Will it's dangerous out there." Celeste said unsure.

"If we stay in here we'll die." I argued.

"And if we go out there we'll die." She argued back.

"Well, were in a very bad predicament Celsius."

"Yes, we are Willow tree."

"How about we make a deal we will go out there for five minutes to find food and if we can't we'll come straight back here?"

"Okay deal I'll be counting down the minutes."

We walked hand in hand outside and as we got farther....and farther away from the house the more I could see Celeste shaking.

I would occasionally whisper in her ear saying: Your okay, I'm okay. Just to put her mind at ease but I guess it was only making it worse.

I don't know what we did but she stepped on something that made an ear piercing shriek and Celeste screamed I looked and saw the demogorgan running towards the sound.

I pulled her hand and we bolted back to my house but along the way Celeste tripped and fell. "Ahhh!"

I looked back at her and helped her up then we ran and slammed the door shut. "Hey C you okay?"

I guess she had a lot of adrenaline pumping through her veins because she didn't notice the large gash in her left side. "Ahh, I-it hurts Will."

I learned a lot in first-aid class at school and I knew exactly what to do. "Celeste it's going to hurt a lot but I need to put pressure on the wound before you bleed out okay?"

She nodded, "I trust you Will."

"I'm sorry Celsius."

I started pressing hard on her wound and she screamed in sickening agony I tried blocking it out and worked on her.

"Celeste I'm so sorry I'm gonna use my long sleeve shirt to wrap around your side to make sure you don't get infected or worse okay?"

"Y-Yeah."

I took off my shirt leaving my short sleeved shirt on and tied it tightly to Celeste's side. "Is that okay sorry it's so tight but that should stop the bleeding."

"It feels like it's throbbing but fine otherwise."

(No joke guys I learned a lot from being in a class for 4 hours in a high school when my mom was becoming a soccer coach there so if anything happens I know exactly what to do)

"I'm sorry we should've stayed here I-I should've listened to you."

"Hey don't do that."

"Do what?" I asked.

"Blame yourself for something that you couldn't control."

"But-"

"No buts."

"If-"

"No if's."

"Wha-"

"No what if's William!"

"I'm sorry Celeste."

"It's okay Will, I'm okay." She reassured.

"I don't want to lose you in here of all places when you could be with your parents and siblings."

"You're not gonna lose me Will I'm not that easy to get rid of."

"I'm on watch get some rest please your injured."

"I will as long as you get some to."

"What?"

"Will don't lie I know you don't sleep sometimes when I'm on watch."

"I'll get some sleep."

"Good."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 4