7

The next day Karan woke Disha up. He opened the room curtains and called her, swaying his hands over her hairs. "Disha, wake up dear. It's 10 already, let's have breakfast together". She slowly opened her eyes and wondered where Dev was as he used to wake her up every day. She sat on the bed looking at Karan confused, "Good morning bhaiyya". "Good morning Disha. Had a good sleep last night?" "Yes...um...where's Dev bhaiyya?" "He has probably gone to see her. Kiara also went along so she can meet Arjun". "When did they leave?" "At 8". "But bhaiyya said she called him for dinner". "Maybe they must have changed the plan. Come on now brush your teeth and have a shower". Karan took her in his arms and kept her on the wheelchair, giving her everything she needed and took her to the washroom, closing the door. He then walked out and went to the kitchen to make them some coffee. An hour later he was joined by Disha for breakfast. He served her food but she wasn't eating anything. "Not hungry?", he asked her. "I am but I don't feel like eating". "I can understand. Here, let me feed you". Karan began feeding her and noticed she wasn't feeling happy. "Disha...he'll be back soon". "This is the first time he's gone somewhere without letting me know. We talked about that yesterday but he didn't tell me anything". "Even Kiara never spoke to me about her plans. You're not alone, tell me where do you wanna go? Or we'll watch some movie here or talk. Anything that you wish, okay?" "Okay" Karan gave a gentle kiss on her forehead and she hugged him tightly. 

Soon after they had breakfast, Karan and Disha began watching her favorite movie "Kabhi Kushi Kabhie Gham (Sometimes there's happiness, Sometimes there's sorrow)" only for her to cry watching the bond between the characters and their parents. Karan stopped playing the movie which was halfway through as he knew they couldn't watch it further, especially Disha who was a lot more emotional. She was sitting on the couch with him and rested her head on his chest. He sat there with one arm around his little sister consoling her. Karan was the oldest in the family and Disha was the smallest. "Papa...", Disha called Karan in a low voice. Karan knew whenever she called him that, she was missing her parents and felt the fatherly love from him. "Disha beta, you're a woman now. Its time that you should make yourself strong when your brother is not around. What would you do after marriage then? I know how much you miss him but don't cry. I'm here for you Disha". "Thank you" "Who am I to you?" "My big brother who is my mom and dad to me". "If so will you listen to me?" "Yes Papa". "Then please stop crying because you're making me sad too". "I won't", she said wiping away her tears and smiled at him.

Hours passed, it was 8, it was 9 and it was 10 when Kiara and Dev came home. They were pretty upset with the two who never bothered to call them nor picked up their phones. "Why are both of you so late?" Karan asked. "Sorry bhaiyya", they said in unison. "I asked why are you so late?" "I was with Arjun and his mother at his house. She wanted me to have dinner from there, after which we were talking and I didn't realize it was so late". "Go to your room Kiara, I'll talk to you after this", said Karan. She knew he would shout at her listening to his angry tone. Kiara walked to her room and shut the door. "Dev, why didn't you pick your phone when we called?" "It was in silent mode". "How could you be so irresponsible? You left home early in the morning without telling your sister because I was here? What if she was alone?" "She's not a child bhaiyya". "Quiet!" Karan yelled. "It's your responsibility to take care of your sister. Isn't it?" "Yes but she's your sister too". "So?" "Please bhaiyya, I was a little late and didn't inform you or her. I'm sorry, now please don't shout at me". "It's not about being sorry Dev. You've no idea how much she missed you and how sad she was when you left her for so long. I'm her brother too and I love her just like you and Kiara that doesn't mean you can do what you did today", said Karan making him understand about the mistake he had done. Dev's head was down, he knew he was wrong. "Dev bhaiyya...did you forget me?" "I was out with Dia and...you should know that I can't babysit you all my life Disha!!" It broke Karan's and Disha's heart into bits and pieces. For the first time, Disha felt bad about her disability and realized that she needed someone to take care of her all her life. Karan slapped Dev. "How dare you talk like that to her? If you cannot take care of her then I will all my life. No girlfriend is greater than your own blood! Remember that". Karan took Disha to her room and laid her on the bed covering her up. "It will all be good. Don't worry, good night beta", said Karan and gave her a sweet kiss. "Good night papa", said Disha and Karan walked out turning the lights off, straight to his room to talk to Kiara about what she had done. 

It was Karan's responsibility to make his siblings understand what they said and did. He made sure they grew up the right away before and after their parents left them. They knew what Karan did was for their own good. Dev felt guilty for what he said to Disha and sat on the couch. "I should have time for my sister. Bhiayya and Disha were right, did I change after Dia came into my life", he thought all night making sure this would never happen again.