The Realm of Judge

• Dedicated to Noah Sterrett Stern

 “E Notwa Vez.” “E Notwa Vez.” “It wasn't me,” were the words Judge spoke as he was taken to trial for a crime he did not commit. Before the High Dominion Court he stood with his proud head hanging low in penance, having given up, overwhelmed by his feelings of betrayal and sadness. He had been betrayed by those he had once called brother, an act he would not soon forget.

Before he could defend himself, he was pronounced undeniably guilty and sentenced to death. In desperation, he begged for mercy on his knees claiming he'd do anything to receive it. The proud Judge wept before his peers, before his own subordinates who passed lodgement over him like a common mutt. His pompous race of beings, their pride eclipsing that of his own.

There was, however, a compromise devised. There were, in fact, two planes of existance, a universe apart overlapping each other as the eons passed. The dominions had observed this, and in every other instance, the two worlds would spontaneously implode on each other once they eclipsed the other. Domain and Earth would ultimately destroy each other given the ample time.

The rift created by this overlapping had given those well versed of the Dominions to travel to Earth and assume the form of dieties to the under developed peoples of the primitive planet. This shenanogans aside, the rift and pocket dimension that this created was the perfect instrument for the Dominions to use Judge's pride against him.

Judge was charged as such: to travel into the pocket dimension by means of the rift and halt the dimensional overlapping and halt the eminent implosion of the two worlds. If the task was completed, Judge would walk free. Seeing his chance, the proud Dominion agreed to the terms and threw himself into the pocket dimension.

Mustering all of his strength, all of his despiration, and all of his might, Judge released a barrier powerful enough to hold back the overlap entirely. Unbenounced to him, however, he had fallen for a trap. He did in fact halt the overlap as instructed, but what he was not told was what he would do next.

When the overlap was halted, the rift was shut and locked closed from the outside, trapping Judge in this abyss between two worlds. And to top it off, he was stuck in the place where he cast the seal incased in a tall rising mountain that suddenly inverted itself as it climbed into the nothingness above. Judge was consumed by rage and sorrow. He wept at the loss of his way and his new imprisonment.

Millennial passed and the overlap had all together ceased, but Judge remained locked in his void. Suddenly, he began to build. From the nothingness sprang great landforms and waterways of Judges own design, he created creatures to roam this new world, strange creatures with strange properties, much like his own being. Beings he came to call Phantasma, Summons, and Rager.

Given time, his creation became a flourishing continent under his divine rule and blessing, he was embarrassing that which many of his brothers and sisters had when traveling to the realm of Earth. The Phantasma became his subjects that would build and grow and forge the land. But he saw fit to rule his world justly, unlike those who imprisoned him there.

Judge then created six beings to act as his eyes, ears, and hands, to work and shepeard his will through his new creation. These six became known as the Vanguard. Lucar was the name given to the Vanguard of Light. Morses was the name given to the Vanguard of the Darkness. Embrun was the name given to the Vanguard of Fire. Scelic was the name given to the Vanguard of Water. Zephyr was the name given to the Vanguard of Wind. Krasche was the name given to the Vanguard of Stone.

These six were Judges children, more powerful than any being that walked in his realm. They were his wrath, his justice, and his mercy. The beings that worshipped Judge now also dropped to their knees at the names of the Vanguard. There was, however, a seventh created from Judge.