The car pulled up outside of your apartment building, and Harrison nodded reassuringly to Tom. "You've got this, mate. Go see your girl. I'll meet you back at the hotel."

Tom hopped out and headed to the building's main entrance. A man exited just as Tom approached, so he snuck in without needing to call for you to buzz him in. He made his way up to your apartment, heart pounding. When he made it to your apartment, he stared at your door for a few moments trying to work up the courage to knock. Finally, he raised a shaky fist and pounded it against the wood.

After a few seconds, the door swung open, revealing your beaming face. Your hair was pulled into a messy bun, a few strands had pulled out, now framing your face. Even in sweats and a big t-shirt, you took Tom's breath away. Tom stood frozen, unable to murmur even a hello. Seeing you in person wiped every anxiety from his mind, warmth spreading through his chest as that overwhelming Feeling pulsed within every cell of his body. In the instant your eyes met his, everything clicked into place, and Tom knew he could no longer deny it. Fuck, I'm in love.

There he was, finally. When you'd opened the door and saw Tom standing there, the moment felt surreal. You'd been yearning for this day for so long, and it was finally here, and yet, all you could do was stare at him, a mushy smile plastered on your face. A rush of relief flooded your body—the same kind as when you'd come home after a long trip. That warm feeling when you flop down onto your bed and sigh happily at the comfortable relief of being back in familiar surroundings. Staring into Tom's eyes was exactly like that, but better, and it dawned on you that somehow your sense of home had shifted. Somehow, home had become a person. It had become Tom.

"Hi," your voice was barely above a whisper. You clung to the door, holding on for support as you didn't trust your legs just now. Your head so fuzzy and full of happiness made you feel like you'd collapse at any moment.

"Hello, darling. I missed you." His smile was a sight for sore eyes. It didn't translate properly over a screen, but in person, there wasn't anything like it. "Can I come in?"

"Oh, uh, yeah of course. Sorry!" You grabbed his hand, leading him inside. Once the door had closed, Tom wrapped his arms around you, holding you tight. You buried your face in his chest and inhaled his scent. Smelled like home. Untucking your face, you peered up at Tom, and he leaned his head down to kiss you lightly.

"How's my favorite girl been?"

"She's been missing you." You stretched up to catch his lips for another, deeper kiss. "I'm so happy you're back. So happy to be in your arms again."

A heart-meltingly beautiful smile spread across his face. "I've never missed someone like I missed you. I feel like nothing and everything has changed. I still see your gorgeous face and my heart lights on fire, but at the same time, I feel like we are different. Like I'm different. Because when I was away from you, I realized that somehow you've become the center of my universe." The words kept tumbling out of his mouth. He was terrified to be confessing how hard he'd fallen, but looking at you, there was no way he could keep it inside. He tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, brushing your cheek with his thumb tenderly. "You're the sun, and I'd be lost without you...I love you."

Your heart had stopped beating. You heard what he was saying, but words had lost their meaning. Slowly, your brain caught up. Tom loved you, was in love with you. A giggle bubbled up inside you, spilling out in blissful joy. "Tommy, I love you too." Your eyes clung to his, drinking in every detail of the moment. "Being away from you was driving me insane, and I know being with you means I'll have to deal with time apart, deal with some loneliness while you're working, but there's no doubt in my mind that I love you, and that makes it all bearable."